• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU electrical appliances

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU electrical appliances

Is a 230v 15 hz 2000w electrical appliance ok to plug into a bog standard uk household circuit? I know sweet fa about electrics & don't want to spend a few hundred euros on something that's going to blow my house up! Thanks in advance.

Doubt it is 15hz, 50Hz is what I think you meant.

Should not be a problem, use an adapter and just plug it in. Later you can chop the old plug off and put a UK three pin on.

If you can't find an adapter that fits, then you best get back to us, as then it is something weird.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If you have used it on the mainland then it will be OK in the UK with a suitable adapter plug.

It is American electronic stuff that won't work without a transformer.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        Is a 230v 15 hz 2000w electrical appliance ok to plug into a bog standard uk household circuit? I know sweet fa about electrics & don't want to spend a few hundred euros on something that's going to blow my house up! Thanks in advance.
        15 hz? are your sure it's not 50 hz? 15 hz would over heat.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If you are buying something like hifi with a plug for each component you are better off buying a power strip in the same country. That way you'll only need one adaptor.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X