• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 Japanese GP Qualifying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 Japanese GP Qualifying

I'm not sure if anyone else is watching this but FFS - the number of accidents/crashes, despite the obvious voyeurism, is appalling...

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else is watching this but FFS - the number of accidents/crashes, despite the obvious voyeurism, is appalling...
    And it didn't twig to the normally strategy-savvy Ross Brawn that if you have two accidents in a session, then a third isn't outside the realms of possibility due to the increased pressure of needing to set a decent time.

Dropped a right clanger by leaving his cars in the pits - both of them got relegated five places for racing through the debris.

Comment

I got up to watch at 5am

It was very exciting, very messy and it certainly kept me awake. Can't see the point of that gravel trap as it behaved more like concrete when the cars hit it.

Looking forward to the race with some trepidation ...
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        I got up to watch at 5am
        That's what Sky+ is for... got up at 9am...

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          That's what Sky+ is for... got up at 9am...
          I know, but someone always tells me what happened before I get to watch it.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I have been caught out a few times like that before. Recorded the race, got back home, logged onto the computer while the programme was playing.

My home page (BBC News) then displayed "Hamilton wins in..."

However, I would think that getting up and watching it over breakfast would be pretty safe

Comment

Also after the 2nd red flag in Q2, I was wondering if the programme would need to be extended and my recording would end early.

The Sky+ programme guide is pretty smart if changes are made to programme schedules, but I don't know about last minute changes, especially extensions.

Comment

I think there must have been a long queue to punch Buemi when the penalties were handed out.

Anyone know where the Brawn cars are on fuel?
                +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Reasonable fuel load - essentially the same as Vettel on pole.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...03124849.shtml

Button's main problem is that he has two KERS cars around him, just itching to press their button (no pun intended) off the start.

Comment

I think there must have been a long queue to punch Buemi when the penalties were handed out.
                    Probably Alonso as well as he was calling for the penalties to be handed out like raffle tickets, citing the fact the he 'slowed down' whereas others didn't.

Then the stewards noticed that he didn't slow down at all in the yellow flag zone and zoomed through the debris as fast as everyone else. He only slowed when he caught up to a very slow Buemi (i.e. he had no choice).

So he got a grid penalty as well

Comment

Working...
                    X