• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead peasants insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead peasants insurance

Stumbled across this and, initially, couldn't believe it but hey, we're all just a number, right?

How come when your employer takes out a policy on you it's "wishing you were dead" but if it's your wife then you don't (normally) expect to find razor blades in your packed lunch?

Why shouldn't a company insure their most valuable assets... having to replace/train a key person could cost many £thousands, and losing someone critical to a project at the wrong time could end up much more expensive.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      How come when your employer takes out a policy on you it's "wishing you were dead" but if it's your wife then you don't (normally) expect to find razor blades in your packed lunch?

Why shouldn't a company insure their most valuable assets... having to replace/train a key person could cost many £thousands, and losing someone critical to a project at the wrong time could end up much more expensive.
      That's what it was originally intended for, but due to tax breaks companies figured out it was financially beneficial to insure every single employee and cash in if any died.

Comment

And they were getting payouts for former employees.

Nice.

Comment

Once again, you've missed the points.

Companies were doing this for non-valuable employees.
          Companies were continuing to do this for ex-employees.
          Companies were not obtaining permission from the employees beforehand.

Comment

I listened to the first couple of minutes and they didn't mention those things, maybe you should have summarised before-hand rather than expect us to watch the whole video if you wanted an informed discussion?

Comment

I listened to the first couple of minutes and they didn't mention those things, maybe you should have summarised before-hand rather than expect us to watch the whole video if you wanted an informed discussion?
              Yet you felt the need to comment anyway.
              Last edited by Clippy; 4 October 2009, 18:05.

Comment

What are you talking about? You don't want us to be informed to comment but then you complain if we make uninformed comments? Too many beers with your Sunday dinner?

Comment

Where did I say that.

Chill out.
                  Last edited by Clippy; 4 October 2009, 18:07.

Comment

I'm not sure, I only skimmed your posts before replying.

Comment

Working...
                    X