• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Artist Emin may quit UK over tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artist Emin may quit UK over tax

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8289295.stm

She's not the only one...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I can see what she's saying but no mater how much tax she pays she'll still have way more disposable income than me so 'It's only fair™'.

The real problem I have is the fact she earns £150k+pa for leaving her bed unmade and taking panoramic photos of her dirty bath.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

If she goes I will be so upset.

Comment

Wasn't she a New Labour supporter.

I know that her background is council estate but the girls done good.

But she's right, what incentive is there to work hard for money above £150k or whatever the 50% tax threshold is just so that it can be churned into government expenditure administration or used to pay off massive debt that should never have occured in the first place.

She like many of us has no faith in this government its dead, it has deceased, it is an ex-government.

Comment

Who'll make her bed if she leaves?

IGMC.

But semi-seriously, she must have a crappy accountant if she falls into the higher-rate bracket. Surprised her stuff isn't sold via some offshore entity.

Comment

She's moving to France to escape tax?

Comment

Originally posted by mace View Post
              She's moving to France to escape tax?
              spouting nonsense in the Press to generate publicity for a new show

From the Sunday Times interview the Beeb use as their source:
              Emin will be taking Ed Vaizey, the shadow arts minister, around the Frieze art fair in London when it opens next week. While there she will be offering to design and make personalised neon signs for up to 10 buyers each willing to pay £65,000.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

+1,000,000

Good fooking riddance to the rude, talentless, crude, ugly bitch.

Nomadd

Ps. You might have detected I'm not a fan.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  I can see what she's saying but no mater how much tax she pays she'll still have way more disposable income than me so 'It's only fair™'.

The real problem I have is the fact she earns £150k+pa for leaving her bed unmade and taking panoramic photos of her dirty bath.
                  the fact that I wasn't smart enough to think of the idea myself

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

We certainly will be upset when not only does the overall tax take fail to realise the expected increased yield, but actually goes down. We're not just losing that extra 10%. We lose the 40% that she was already paying - the French will get their hands on that.

So when they realise they've lost money as a result, guess who they'll come after to make up the difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X