• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bench update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bench update

So, who's currently on the bench?

It's a bit dark in here and I'd like to know who's sitting next to me - to avoid any nasty surprises.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

It's a bit dark in here and I'd like to know who's sitting next to me - to avoid any nasty surprises.
    I'm still on the bench, but I'm not going to hold hands with you.

Interview tomorrow. And another on Thursday. Not too hopeful about either, TBH. (That's the way to approach life! Negative all the way. )

Nomadd
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

I'm still here but 98% of my focus is now on plan b.

I never thought the test management market could get so bad so good luck to everyone that is still actively looking.

Comment

Just about to jump off..came within a whisker of taking a permy role for a while, only for a contract to pop out of woodwork 4 months with hardly a sniff of other contract work - reassuring that permy stuff about and gettable if I was desperate for the cash mind...

Comment

Originally posted by HeadOfTesting View Post
          I'm still here but 98% of my focus is now on plan b.
          Same here. I don't have time to look for a gig, I'm too busy. Only problem is it hasn't delivered any actual money yet.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I'm still benched but I'm only in my second week.

I've been rejected for 4 gigs last week, put forward for one today - not a great rate but work is work.

Comment

Third day. Working on plan B. Expect to be here for a while.

If you feel anything wet and slimy then I've probably been successful on the river. If you find a ring then its mine!

Comment

i was going to reply but there is no poll

Comment

Sorry - won't be there to give you a until after Christmas. I'm planning on having a little break in January; hopefully it won't last longer than I would wish...

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                    i was going to reply but there is no poll
                    Polls only allow ten answers, IIRC; I suspect there would have to be multiple polls to cover all the CUKers currently sharing that piece of furniture

Comment

Working...
                    X