• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts flatlining

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracts flatlining

http://old.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d...S.d/index.html

It's worse than that, it's dead Jim.

No worries as the pound continues to drop, this will spur demand.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Is that an uptick I see there?
      So its as bad as 2003 - considering this is the wrost recession since the 30s I'd have expected it to be a lot worse
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        So its as bad as 2003 - considering this is the wrost recession since the 30s I'd have expected it to be a lot worse
        We will wait to see how long it is before the graph starts moving upwards again before we can judge that.

If the doom-mongers are right that could be some time away.

Comment

Jobstats for contract staff will be at 2500 by Christmas........ But don`t quote me on that.

Comment

Looks like an upturn to me.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              Are you one of Gordon's trolls to talk up the economy until next May?

Comment

You'll have to forgive Dim. He's not very good with graphs and numbers and stuff. He doesn't "believe" in statistical models either.

Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

The last pixel of that graph points up. 'Up' means better. Up is boom, up is contract renewal, and up is rate rise. What bit don't you get?!
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

What bit don't you get?!
                    I think it's just that it's been so long that we've forgotten what 'up' looks like

Comment

Working...
                    X