• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi Threaded.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi Threaded.

Last comment on here is you I take it?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-didnt-see.do#

Can't be anyone else. Well said, Threaded.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

There is a piece on the news page of CUK covering this today.
      This place could become rather high brow if Paxo and Fiona Bruce come looking for advice on IR35.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

And how comes you live in the middle of a road?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          This place could become rather high brow if Paxo and Fiona Bruce come looking for advice on IR35.
          mmmm...Fiona....

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            And how comes you live in the middle of a road?
            Because I'm out standing in my field.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem if they do become ltd, ten quid from companies house and you know how much Paxo is stiffing the taxman.

oh yes good comment threaded
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That could indeed be fun, but what price would the general assembly exact?

Non-biased reporting would be my first suggestion.

My second suggestion would involve them paying for the advice.

(maybe I got my priorities wrong there )
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Shouldn't be a problem if they do become ltd, ten quid from companies house and you know how much Paxo is stiffing the taxman.

oh yes good comment threaded
                  Thing is, the Beeb should not be doing this.
                  The licence fee is part of a contract or covenant with us. We fund the Beeb so that it does not have to go down the commercial route for its programming.
                  I know it is a complex issue and there are business reasons etc.
                  By buying in these Ltd companies services they are breaking that contract. They are using our money to line the pockets of outside commercial interests. They have been doing this for years with certain shows. Top Gear is owned and produced by Clarksons company I think. There are others. The Beeb pays for these to be produced, but the other business gets the commercial rights.

It is about time the Beeb and the licence fee were realigned with the purpose for which it exists.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Thing is, the Beeb should not be doing this.
                    The licence fee is part of a contract or covenant with us. We fund the Beeb so that it does not have to go down the commercial route for its programming.
                    I know it is a complex issue and there are business reasons etc.
                    By buying in these Ltd companies services they are breaking that contract. They are using our money to line the pockets of outside commercial interests. They have been doing this for years with certain shows. Top Gear is owned and produced by Clarksons company I think. There are others. The Beeb pays for these to be produced, but the other business gets the commercial rights.

It is about time the Beeb and the licence fee were realigned with the purpose for which it exists.
                    It is also time the Beeb applied the Simon Dee option to a lot of them. For those of you too young to remember, Simon Dee was the highest-paid chat show host on TV in the 60's. He negotiated for an even higher salary on the basis that his talent was irreplaceable. The BBC disagreed. He went to ITV and played the same game. Then he left broadcasting.

The same applies to Clarkson, Paxman, Ross, et al: they are good at what they do, but not irreplaceable. On commercial TV a "star" may be rewarded for bringing in viewers, but on "our" BBC an employee should be paid for the job, not the star quality.
                    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                    X