• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retuning your Digi Box

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retuning your Digi Box

So I thought "how hard can it be?"

Retuned my digi tuner at the weekend and ended up with 7 channels!?
    WTF? tried again las night and still seven channels, I thought I might only loose ITV 3&4, but they've all gone, including the music channels

Just me? Or am I just being Stoopid?
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

All worked fine here with the Humax free view box I have.

I would try Googling for the make / model of the box you have and retune and see if anyone else has the same problem.
    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Same here - it needed retuning again on Sunday, but I think the techies are tinkering.

The Hummy took it all in it's stride...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I could only ever get about 20% of the supposedly-available channels anyway. After retuning I can still get about 20%, but the mix is different.

Still, who cares about BBC 4 so long as Russia Today is coming through loud and clear

Comment

I had to do a factory reset on my old Humax PVR (doing a re-tune didn't work, it complained there were too many channels).

Comment

My TV doesn't pick up programme descriptions in the EPG reliably any more.

Comment

101 Freeview channels now. 99 are cr*p though.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

use youtube
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  101 Freeview channels now. 99 are cr*p though.
                  I've also got 101 channels. a dozen or so good channels. Don't like the new ones or the ones you have to pay for.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

All of my series record schedules were fubard after I retuned my EyeTV on my Mac.

Had to re-create them all. Took about 10 mins so everything is ok now.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X