• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories bash the rich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tories bash the rich

Says this article

SFW

Quite an interesting read

I was wondering which approach the Tories were going to take.
    Either the "tell it how it is and then try and deal with the situation" option or the "Head in the sand, no cut to front line services" option.

Well it looks like honesty has won through so they get my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
      I was wondering which approach the Tories were going to take.
      Either the "tell it how it is and then try and deal with the situation" option or the "Head in the sand, no cut to front line services" option.

So who were you going to vote for before you heard that? And which front line services are they going to cut?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        And which front line services are they going to cut?
        10% of MPs & quangos.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          So who were you going to vote for before you heard that? And which front line services are they going to cut?
          Well Conservative actually. I think that they will probably cut something from all front line services but have not said that bit yet. That is what Canada did in a similar but not quite as bad position in the 1990s. Apparently it is quite easy to cut the first 5% from all budgets but it's the following 5-10% that is difficult.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8237584.stm
          http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...y-cutters.html
          Last edited by worzelGummidge; 6 October 2009, 15:29.

Comment

Well Conservative actually.
            So they had it anyway, but now they have got it by being "honest"? That doesn't make any sense. Either you can be swayed to vote for someone else or you're a dogmatic one party supporter - you can't be both.

Comment

Still believe what they say when in opposition, do we folks?

Ah well, one born every minute

Comment

Trust me 100% when the Tories get in the 1st thing they will do is change the Fox Hunting laws. After that they haven't got a fcuking clue. Great isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by bodnobal View Post
                  Trust me 100% when the Tories get in the 1st thing they will do is change the Fox Hunting laws. After that they haven't got a fcuking clue. Great isn't it.
                  Well, the fox hunting laws are rather symptomatic. You do know the lords rejected them, for amongst other things, the atrocious spelling, but the government used some special rule to ram it through anyway.

I believe both sides of the argument would appreciate that law being written in something than thick crayon.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by bodnobal View Post
                    I don't think that Labour have a clue either but they are in the enviable position of not having to be the ones to sort it out.

They have solved the immediate crisis in the only way they know and that is by throwing money they don't have at it.

It is much the same as all those households that are paying off their monthly bills using their credit cards - it will work for a bit but in the end you have a much bigger problem and winning the lottery is your only hope.

You never know, there may be as yet undiscovered oil fields off the coast somewhere that could come to our rescue.

Comment

Working...
                    X