• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corporate vision: save 125 lives

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corporate vision: save 125 lives

I keep seeing a job ad for the North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service which says:

"Saving 125 lives by 2014."

So I had a butcher's at their web site and discovered :
    Our Vision- 125 ALIVE
    In 2004 North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Authority developed a new focused Vision to reflect our broader function within the modernisation agenda. The term "125 Alive" captures the Authority's Vision in one simple phrase. It means that 125 people who might otherwise have died in an accident will be alive because of preventative action ...
    Two questions:

1. What happens if they determine they are are going to exceed that target? (Will they just stop at home for the remainder of the decade?)

2. What happens if they determine they are not going to meet that target? (Set fire to an Old People's Home and see if they can rescue the shortfall? Or just torch the flats of single people one at a time until they reach their quota?)
    If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

I think the key point is

125 people who might otherwise have died in an accident will be alive because of preventative action
    I'm sure they've done the sums and worked out that if they visit 125 schools with "Ellie" then they will hit the target.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
    X