• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BA Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BA Interview

Right, the big day. 3:30 in Hampshire. 30 minute (face fit for the team?) interview. All 3 candidates booked in for back to back 30 minute interview slots. I am last, so have the potential to run on past the 30 minute mark

Seeing as this is my first BA only role, as I have been 50/50 BA and development (in BPM roles), and this is a BPM role, is there any interview prep I can be doing?

[wanders off muttering about Mission, Objectives, Strategy and tactics ....]
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

What kind of BA role is it?

If it errs more on the technical side then look at the skill set and see how you match and how you can benefit the role.

It's all about selling yourself, you've done it a million times before.

Good luck
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Good luck.

I'm booked in for the 3.00 slot so I'll remember to put in a bad word for you.

Comment

Trim your nostril hair?

Comment

I thought BA were shedding staff?
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            What kind of BA role is it?

If it errs more on the technical side then look at the skill set and see how you match and how you can benefit the role.

It's all about selling yourself, you've done it a million times before.

Good luck
            It is technical, but not so much. Previously they had a system architect who is leaving. They felt that while the architect was doing a good job, it gave them a chance to redefine the role and they felt that the requirements gathering needed more attention.

I am absolutely expert (as we all should be on here) in how IT development projects fail to deliver what the business ACTUALLY wants.

End users, and stakeholders alike suddenly come to life when you put something visual in front of them. "Aaaah I see what you've done there, that's not quite what I meant"

The problem is, how much effort you expend in that visual reference. Is it a prototype? I can't remember the last time a company sprung for a prototype. Is it a wireframe (seen them all over the place)

And of course, testing. Why are test scripts so half arsed (I'm on about business test scripts, UAT scripts etc, not unit test scripts)? Countless times I have inherited a project, been told there is no time to document it, just test it and get it working. I have taken a day and a half to derive a CRUD matrix, got bollocked for doing documentation when I should have been testing, and then been congratulated (somewhat grudgingly) when the CRUD matrix has become the cornerstone of the testing effort and the best thing to happen to the project.

Oh boy, could this be it? I get to gather the requirements, and prove to the business what got delivered meets their wants and needs. I am ready.

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
              Trim your nostril hair?
              Done, is this better?

Comment

I once had one of those round robin interviews at CSFB in Docklands on the 8th floor (I think it was) in one of the boardrooms. I had my 3 interviews by three different people. After the last one had finished I was told someone will be along shortly and I was left in the room alone. After 30 mins of sitting there next to the drinks cabinet and priceless artwork I got up to see where everyone was and all the lights were off and everyone had gone home.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  I once had one of those round robin interviews at CSFB in Docklands on the 8th floor (I think it was) in one of the boardrooms. I had my 3 interviews by three different people. After the last one had finished I was told someone will be along shortly and I was left in the room alone. After 30 mins of sitting there next to the drinks cabinet and priceless artwork I got up to see where everyone was and all the lights were off and everyone had gone home.
                  I hope you did what I think you did
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Oh Oh, where abouts in Hampshire?

Comment

Working...
                    X