• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are my views racist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are my views racist?

As a descendent of economic migrants a few generations ago myself I am mindful of the expression 'there but for the grace of God', but after seeing George Osborne's speech last night concerning tough times ahead following on from the Panorama program this week explaining how the chain of illegal immigration is being pushed back into Africa with the connivance of Libya, I put forward my view that the last thing this country needs with 3 million and rising unemployed is to host yet more ill educated, unqualified economic migrants when we have our own home-grown talent(less) pool to consider. The kids around the breakfast table this morning all declared me to be right-wing racist and sent me to work with a flea in my ear, so what do you lot reckon?

1. does this view make me sound like a racist?
    2. is stopping the influx a good or bad thing for our economy?

These days you can't express a negative view about anything without being declared a something-ist.

Kids are the worst for this because they've been brought up in a PC world, plus they don't really know what a racist is.

Comment

This bit would class as Racist, though it's more just a demonstration of ignorance really...
      Originally posted by singhr View Post
      yet more ill educated, unqualified economic migrants
      The issue of stopping or heavily restricting immigration is not really a race issue though, unless you are specifically happy to allow, say, white South Africans to immigrate but not any other shade of South African.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Kids are the worst for this because they've been brought up in a PC world, plus they don't really know what a racist is.
        Christ, imagine being brought up in PC World. You'd grow up thinking 1GB of RAM costs £99.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          This bit would class as Racist, though it's more just a demonstration of ignorance really...

yet more ill educated, unqualified economic migrants

Why is that bit racist? I can't see any mention of race there at all?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

The issue of stopping or heavily restricting immigration is not really a race issue though, unless you are specifically happy to allow, say, white South Africans to immigrate but not any other shade of South African.
            I am specifically - and in General - happy for white South Africans to be refused entry, and those already here thrown out. As for the other shades, I don't care either way. (Unless it's Ladysmith Black Mambazo in which case I want free tickets.) Does that count?
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Someone once said "you can only fit so many people in a lift before you have to stop letting people in"...

We reached that point a long time ago...
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                Someone once said "you can only fit so many people in a lift before you have to stop letting people in"...

We reached that point a long time ago...
                Yes definitely made a good choice ....
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

To imply that all African migrants are "yet more ill educated, unqualified economic migrants" is a little bit racist, but I'm not sure from your precis that that is what you implied.

I wouldn't worry though.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Skin colour, where you come from or who your parents are mean nothing to me, we are all just differnt flavours of 'human'. so you'll have to explain the demonstration of ignorance to me please so I can respond

Comment

Working...
                    X