• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cap'n Pugwash wasn't this dumb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap'n Pugwash wasn't this dumb

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8294858.stm

It's reminiscent of the pirates that Asterix and Obelix beat up.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Even the Welsh are at it

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10...ting_trannies/

(with optional video)
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

The country has had no effective central government since 1997, leading to a complete breakdown of law and order...

Sounds familiar.

Comment

A quick blast from the gun, sink them and then just move along.....that will deter them.
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            What really gets me is the concept of arresting the scum rather than just sinking the fliping thing & sailing on.

Never had these problems when the RN were busy hanging felons from the nearest yardarm.
            Greenpeace would probably start complaining, diesel from the pirates ship polluting the sea etc....
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              What really gets me is the concept of arresting the scum rather than just sinking the fliping thing & sailing on.

Never had these problems when the RN were busy hanging felons from the nearest yardarm.
              As the Beeb article puts it:

Although the international naval forces have stepped up patrols in the Gulf of Aden this year, relatively few of the pirates detained have faced trial because of the legal complexities involved.
              That looks like "no effective deterrent" to me.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I'm surprised the French boat didn't surrender.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  I'm surprised the French boat didn't surrender.
                  Like those British sailors & marines did in disputed waters when confronted by Iranian militia a couple of years ago?

Comment

Working...
                  X