• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold still cheap says Telegraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold still cheap says Telegraph

Well, not their exact words.

Gold: three reasons why the price will go higher

What's the cheapest and safest way of buying gold?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...xt%3ECHAIN.htm

Alternatively. http://www.bullionvault.com/

Which is what I use.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Hmm, thanks. I do wonder whether they would give you your money back if the dollar or world economy tanks though. I'll read through the site properly later.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Hmm, thanks. I do wonder whether they would give you your money back if the dollar or world economy tanks though. I'll read through the site properly later.
        If you want to hold physical gold you either trust a vault to hold it for you or you keep it at home, in which case every time you buy and sell it, it has to be assayed which costs a fortune.

Or you buy coins which have a big markup and don't represent value for money like bars.

And some fooker can break in and steal it, so you have to have insurance for it.

Comment

PS.

Gold will probably go up, but look at the graph. It's makes the property price boom look like a flat line.

And if it falls, you might lose 50% of your wealth in a matter of days.

For that reason, I'm out of Au at the moment.

Comment

PPS.

If you still want to store it at home under the bed.

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/

Comment

Do high street banks sell gold too? Not physically, but held for you in the same way as Bullion vault?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Do high street banks sell gold too? Not physically, but held for you in the same way as Bullion vault?
                No.

Comment

1 ounce gold (retail bar) has gone up by about £100 in the last month or so.

I have been meaning to buy about £10K as a "total disaster" hedge but haven't got round to it yet...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    1 ounce gold (retail bar) has gone up by about £100 in the last month or so.

I have been meaning to buy about £10K as a "total disaster" hedge but haven't got round to it yet...
                    Same here, but about 20K as a hedge. Perhaps some stocks too. Money in the bank is a disaster (if maybe protracted) waiting to happen and a mugs game it seems. Osborne has said he is going to keep interest rates low too, so inflation is probably what everyone is banking on. I don't really see much alternative out of this mess except price inflation.

Comment

Working...
                    X