• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Wave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Wave

Anyone got an invite? Any good? Or is it over hyped bulltulip?

P.S. If you have a spare invite, can you send one my way? Cheers
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

No luck so far, and I've been asking round all over the place. Can't wait to try it out though. Will just have to be patient I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
      Anyone got an invite? Any good? Or is it over hyped bulltulip?

P.S. If you have a spare invite, can you send one my way? Cheers
      I've got one as I have a friend working at Google. You've reminded me to actually check it out...

Comment

Originally posted by TroubleAtMill View Post
        I've got one as I have a friend working at Google. You've reminded me to actually check it out...
        PM sent!

Comment

I am registered here - http://googlewaveinvites.com/, but heard diddly squat so far.

Comment

Sounds like a promising Plan B for some people

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2009/10/...-sale-on-ebay/

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
              PM sent!
              Did you get one?
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Isn't it just an arty farty IM system? I know I may be wrong (usually am)
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

I've tried it. Still seems a bit flaky at the moment, sometimes unresponsive but I'm sure that's just due to the number of people suddenly using it. It's a good combination of IM and email but I'm still not convinced it does anything that couldn't already be done.

Comment

Any invites would be appreciated.

I have a mate at Google who's trying to get me one, and am registered but nothing so far.

If I can issue invites when I (finally) get into the system I'll share here.

Have you watched the video? Seem more than a beefed IM system to me. Much potential. Could shift user expectations to real time within 18 months IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                    X