• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stargate universe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate universe

Anyone seen this yet? Saw the first two episodes last night…..seems like a cross between star trek:voyager and Battlestar galactic.
    Usually hate and SG stuff, but decided to watch cause of Begbie….

Looks promising, but hope it doesn’t fall into a “villain of the week” plotline……will be better if they can keep to one main plot line ala BSG.

Originally posted by sal626 View Post
    Anyone seen this yet? Saw the first two episodes last night…..seems like a cross between star trek:voyager and Battlestar galactic.
    Usually hate and SG stuff, but decided to watch cause of Begbie….

Looks promising, but hope it doesn’t fall into a “villain of the week” plotline……will be better if they can keep to one main plot line ala BSG.
    Aye, downloaded it on Saturday. ST:VOY did come to mind straight away and I am trying hard not to hold it against it. I'm going to struggle with this one.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Is 7of9 in it?

Comment

not yet

Comment

I'll reserve judgement for a few weeks and see how it goes. I already hate the Wesley Crusher type character - for me that has ruined it for starters.

Yes, Voyager did spring to mind - much like Atlantis was DS9

It might work. Robert Carlyle is strong. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            It might work. Robert Carlyle is strong. We'll see.
            It's a good start, although Robert Carlyle outshone the rest of the cast for me. His character is intriguing - it's refreshing to see a more obviously flawed "good guy". I hope they manage to build on the tension and atmosphere of the first couple of episodes.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              It's a good start, although Robert Carlyle outshone the rest of the cast for me. His character is intriguing - it's refreshing to see a more obviously flawed "good guy". I hope they manage to build on the tension and atmosphere of the first couple of episodes.
              I watched the first one last night on Sky Player thingy... I liked it - I think it has potential.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
              X