• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cream Crackered

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cream Crackered

Our Baby is 3 weeks old tomorrow. I havent slept for longer than 3 hours since he was born. Other parents - Please tell me it gets better (and very soon) im falling asleep at my desk.

It gets better, but you've got a lot more weeks of the same to go.

Top tip - get the baby in it's own room as soon as possible.

Comment

Sorry - No 2 son 30 months old, still waking up 2-3 times per night.

Congratulations - fatherhood is one of the best feelings in the world - even with sleep deprivation.
      Beer
      is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
        Sorry - No 2 son 30 months old, still waking up 2-3 times per night.

Congratulations - fatherhood is one of the best feelings in the world - even with sleep deprivation.
        I'd suggest you son is not comfortable. Too hot or cold, not enough ventillation in the room or you need to try a different set of bedding and matress.

Comment

How did you arrange the night time duties?

My partner is at home full time but its exhausting for her as it is so i am helping out with overnight feeds, nappy changes, cooking dinner....

Comment

do you and the missus not share the workload???
            our kid was probably on a 4 hour schedule

so I would do the late night feed - between say 10pm and midnight

missus did the 2-4am stint then I did the 6-8 am stint

we managed but mainly because my missus was going to bed at 8 ish in the evening and effectively slept when baby slept and woke when baby woke

if she ain't doing that and she is expecting you to earn the money and look after the baby give her a kick in the jack danny.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I'd suggest you son is not comfortable. Too hot or cold, not enough ventillation in the room or you need to try a different set of bedding and matress.
              He's in a moses basket but the matress (if you can call it that) seems a bit hard.. may try the cot then as we bought a spanking new expensive matress for that..

FYI the crying is all day too. We wind him loads but it could be more wind or even the SMA may be too strong for him...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                do you and the missus not share the workload???
                our kid was probably on a 4 hour schedule

so I would do the late night feed - between say 10pm and midnight

missus did the 2-4am stint then I did the 6-8 am stint

we managed but mainly because my missus was going to bed at 8 ish in the evening and effectively slept when baby slept and woke when baby woke

if she ain't doing that and she is expecting you to earn the money and look after the baby give her a kick in the jack danny.

yeah we are sharing but both exhausted. Will have to work out a decent schedule me thinks. Have been going to bed at mid night. My own fault really.

Comment

having re-read my post it does come across as a bit heartless!

so apologies for that

some children cry, some do not.

what you do need to try and do though is get a routine -especially for the night feeds

ours went something like this

baby wakes up, feed, burp, change nappy, put back to bed - if baby cries as long as you are sure that baby is clean, burped and fed you need to ignore

however during the day you need to vary it so it becomes
                  baby wakes up, feed, burp, change nappy, playtime, let baby fall asleep naturally and put back in cot.

you do need to try and vary the day/night routine so the baby understands that when it is dark outside it is time to sleep!

not easy I know but it did work for us.

by the way does your child have a dummy?

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Tried all that. Is a mouth breather (adenoid problem ??) who is very prone to tonsillitis. He's thirsty a lot, therefore nappy leaks, etc. Tonsils out next year once consultant agrees - this should clear up most of the problems (family history to back this up).
                    Beer
                    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X