• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is It "ME"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is It "ME"

Hi All

Is it "ME" or have the recruitment agencies become less personal now.

I have been out of contract now for a good 6 months having applied for around 800 contract jobs all over the country. But out of the 800 I have only received 20 to 30 returned calls/emails regarding my application. I have had loads of the automated responses. The initial contact of CV arrival verification but that is all.

Now I know the job market is a bit tight just now and they are receiving 150 to 200 CV for a specific contract, At least a "Sorry NOT Suitable" email would suffice.
    If I call the agency's they are unavailable, out the office, having a coffee, on holiday or at a meeting.

I must admit i am getting a fed up of them now. Even agencies I have worked for in the passed are doing it now.

Well thats that off my chest.......

Huntersbane..... Still Looking.....

Originally posted by Huntersbane View Post
    Hi All

I have been out of contract now for a good 6 months having applied for around 800 contract jobs all over the country. But out of the 800 I have only received 20 to 30 returned calls/emails regarding my application. I have had loads of the automated responses. The initial contact of CV arrival verification but that is all.

Now I know the job market is a bit tight just now and they are receiving 150 to 200 CV for a specific contract, At least a "Sorry NOT Suitable" email would suffice.
    If I call the agency's they are unavailable, out the office, having a coffee, on holiday or at a meeting.

I must admit i am getting a fed up of them now. Even agencies I have worked for in the passed are doing it now.

Agents are a bunch of self-serving, procrastinating, lying twats...

I may have mentioned that before
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

I may have mentioned that before
      And no doubt you will be compelled to mention it again
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        And no doubt you will be compelled to mention it again
        Very probably...
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by Huntersbane View Post
          Hi All

What are your skills (the recent/last ones on your CV), and what are you applying for?

If the two don't match to the nearest millionth of an inch, you'll have no chance in this market.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            What are your skills (the recent/last ones on your CV), and what are you applying for?

If the two don't match to the nearest millionth of an inch, you'll have no chance in this market.
            WHS!

I've been tailoring my CV for each contract/job I apply for!

Btw CM, you're quite correct!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Agreed.

Comment

I never cease to wonder how they sleep at night...scum of the earth!!!

They go to work each day to lie, cajole, and generally crap on people...I mean anyone normal would feel bad...utter cretins!!!
                Last edited by Muttley08; 8 October 2009, 15:51. Reason: further rant

Comment

Working...
                X