• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jet Lag

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jet Lag

Got back from Malaysia this afternoon: left Sunday afternoon (insert obvious "wtf!?" here).

Am feeling jet lagged like there's no tomorrow - anyone got any tips? I want to have a reasonable nights sleep tonight so not planning to go to bed until "normal" time if I can avoid it!

Stay up till about 9 then start drinking hard
    The drink induced sleep and hang over tomorrow will have you feeling back to normal by lunch time tomorrow
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
      Got back from Malaysia this afternoon: left Sunday afternoon (insert obvious "wtf!?" here).

Am feeling jet lagged like there's no tomorrow - anyone got any tips? I want to have a reasonable nights sleep tonight so not planning to go to bed until "normal" time if I can avoid it!
      Go to the pub, leave at last orders, get larrupped and then sleep for as long as you need to.

Comment

Going west, I used to stay up as late as I could manage it. Literally until I would drop. Then have a good sleep. Within a day or two I'd sync with local time (-5 or -6 hrs difference).

However, I never did find a good way going from west to east.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Going west, I used to stay up as late as I could manage it. Literally until I would drop. Then have a good sleep. Within a day or two I'd sync with local time (-5 or -6 hrs difference).

However, I never did find a good way going from east to west.
          Eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Eh?
            Sorry - spotted that and corrected it.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Sorry - spotted that and corrected it.
              West to East I'm fine.

East to West I wake up at some ungodly hour in the morning.

Flying back from Saudi after the GW wasn't a problem, flew back in a Hercules via Cyprus and Gibraltar - 4 days! Jet Lag? What f**king Jet Lag - mind you my hearing was f**ked!

Comment

West to East I'm fine.

East to West I wake up at some ungodly hour in the morning.

Flying back from Saudi after the GW wasn't a problem, flew back in a Hercules via Cyprus and Gibraltar - 4 days! Jet Lag? What f**king Jet Lag - mind you my hearing was f**ked!
                You got the Herc back as well? I had that too - stuck at Akrotiri doing f*** all waiting for the next flight out back to Lyneham or Brize. Ended up working in the med centre at Akrotiri I was *that* bored.

Comment

I used to have painful hearing sometimes after flying from east to west. However, in my case it was ex-Mrs HAB giving me an ear-bashing for getting rat-arsed drunk on Krug all the way from the first class lounge at Heathrow fourteen hours earlier.

Comment

I used to have painful hearing sometimes after flying from east to west. However, in my case it was ex-Mrs HAB giving me an ear-bashing for getting rat-arsed drunk on Krug all the way from the first class lounge at Heathrow fourteen hours earlier.
                    Not flown in a Herc, have you? They're a tiny bit noisy

Comment

Working...
                    X