• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

City of London - Doooooomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City of London - Doooooomed!

Or maybe not.

World Economic Forum: The Financial Development Report

The United Kingdom, buoyed by the relative strength of its banking and non-banking financial activities, claimed the Index's top spot from the US, which slipped to third position behind Australia largely due to poorer financial stability scores and a weakened banking sector.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

France and Germany would love to kill the city off for good.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      France and Germany would love to kill the city off for good.

Yes, for sure - the mighty City is a great competitor to these countries

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Haven't you got a google-killer to code?

Comment

Haven't you got a google-killer to code?
          Going to my City office overlooking Wharf now...

Comment

Going to my City office overlooking Wharf now...
            Is this the one?

http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Birm...rf/nearby.html

Comment

No, this one: http://www.bsp-a.com/property-a-facilities/office-space - Faraday Wharf building.

Off to work now

HTH

Comment

Not wishing to sound like "If France or Germany are so great, why don't you frak off there", but if France and Germany are so much better than the UK, why are you based here and on in either of those two countries?

Technically, I am based the other side of the Atlantic and not in the UK. However, if I was then I would not seriously consider anywhere other than London. I would never consider anywhere in the UK outside London.

Just supposing a virtual business that could be run anywhere. In mainland Europe, I'd be thinking something like the South of France, somehwere nice in the sun and by the sea.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  Not wishing to sound like "If France or Germany are so great, why don't you frak off there", but if France and Germany are so much better than the UK, why are you based here and on in either of those two countries?

Technically, I am based the other side of the Atlantic and not in the UK. However, if I was then I would not seriously consider anywhere other than London. I would never consider anywhere in the UK outside London.

Just supposing a virtual business that could be run anywhere. In mainland Europe, I'd be thinking something like the South of France, somehwere nice in the sun and by the sea.
                  Why not move to Birmingham where you can be near the love of your life?

Well he would be if he had not dumped you.........

Comment

Why not move to Birmingham where you can be near the love of your life?

Well he would be if he had not dumped you.........
                    I was only using him for sex. He wasn't that good a shag anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X