• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do other nationalities call us?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do other nationalities call us?

What do other nationalities call us? For example we call Indians ******* (recently depreciated), Irish people ******** and Scottish people *******ers. And Americans call us ******, while we call them ******* *&*^^ ^%&^^ %%(&*&%%ers.

I hear the French call us ***** **** which is a bit lame considering it is just a nice meal and that we call them *****. What do Germans call us?

"Those ***** who keep helping those Yank *****."

HTH.

Comment

Is anyone actually offended by the French offering? As far as insulting jibes go, it's pretty lame.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        What do other nationalities call us? For example we call Indians ******* (recently depreciated), Irish people ******** and Scottish people *******ers. And Americans call us ******, while we call them ******* *&*^^ ^%&^^ %%(&*&%%ers.

I hear the French call us ***** **** which is a bit lame considering it is just a nice meal and that we call them *****. What do Germans call us?
        Germans - (sp) Insel-affe (Island Apes) Ja ja sehr gut hahahahaha!
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

L'Angleterre est une nation de boutiquiers
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I had a chat with some Wops a few years ago (sorry, Italian gentlemen, I mean), talking about the rude names we have for various nationalities. They thought it was quite a novel idea and couldn't come up with anything which they call us (which was the aim of the conversion). Eventually one of them said, "snowball", but the other one didn't seem aware of it.

The food ones (rosbif, kraut, frog, spaghettis) etc always seem competely harmless to me. Actually, all the European ways of calling each other names are just part of our endless history and should be encouraged, not killed off.

Comment

I'm rosbif and proud!
              Cats are evil.

Comment

I witnessed a piste-rage argument between a brit and a yank, and the yank ended up saying "You don't give a sh!t because you're a brit, Brits never give a sh!t"

I thought that was a really wierd thing to say - is that a common perception of us??

Comment

Names that are ok soon turn into unok ones, eg spastic used to be the correct term for the condition and last year some poor old bloke got taken to task on TV for referring to coloureds although that was the proper polite term in his day.

Maybe what we need is a national TV service that changes the names of what we can call people every week.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PS I may be behind the times here but why is "chink" not yet racist? Have heard perfectly pc sorts say they are popping down the chinkie for a takeaway. Nobody seems to have anything against the Chinese (yet)
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X