• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thermos Flask anyone recommend one ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermos Flask anyone recommend one ?

I don't like paying £1 for a cup of carp tea from the company canteen or Starbucks. I like my tea milky and hot and maybe ready made.

These days are thermos flasks any better than they were in the 1980s.

Say I make a piping hot cup of tea at 8am, by what time will the tea be stone cold in a thermos flask tightly shut.

Could anyone recommend me one via amazon or somewhere ? or do you think its not worth it.

btw: I am not an anorak !!!

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    I don't like paying £1 for a cup of carp tea from the company canteen or Starbucks. I like my tea milky and hot and maybe ready made.

These days are thermos flasks any better than they were in the 1980s.

Say I make a piping hot cup of tea at 8am, by what time will the tea be stone cold in a thermos flask tightly shut.

Could anyone recommend me one via amazon or somewhere ? or do you think its not worth it.

btw: I am not an anorak !!!
    When you say carp tea, you mean like this?? : http://www.jamaicans.com/cooking/soup/fishtea.shtml

Comment

Here is some vaguely scientific tests of flasks available in the UK: http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/vac...k_thermos.html

Comment

I've got a couple of these.

http://www.millets.co.uk/product/112340.html

1.5L so enough tea for the whole team!

Comment

I don't think I've ever, ever worked at a place where there wasn't at least a kettle, some teabags and milk available at all times. What kind of barbarian organisation do you work for, for god's sake? This kind of thing is exactly what the European Court of Human Rights was set up to deal with.

Comment

I find I just can't drink coffee/tea that has been in a flask. Thermos flasks IME make coffee or tea smell a bit odd.

Comment

Originally posted by LostInBrussels View Post
              I find I just can't drink coffee/tea that has been in a flask. Thermos flasks IME make coffee or tea smell a bit odd.
              yes because a vacuum has an odd smell
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by LostInBrussels View Post
                Yeah, a bit plasticy, with a delicate hint of fungal spore. The more expensive flasks may use a better class of plastic though and provide a superior tinge.

Comment

The rolled metal ones are all much the same, I have this one but it's really just the same as any other rebranded.

If you keep the stopper on when you pour and prime the flask ( just put some boiling water in one and leave it for a couple of minutes before you put your tea in ) you will still have warm tea 12-18 hours later. IT will take over a day to be stone cold.
                  Last edited by minestrone; 9 October 2009, 09:00.

Comment

Working...
                  X