• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peace and quiet from my nutty neighbours……

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peace and quiet from my nutty neighbours……

I have bitten the bullet and got a CCTV system trained on my front door, complete with microphone to record any more madness – has infra-red, so a nice reassuring red glow at night.

So far, it has worked a treat – absolute peace

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Bet the slug pellet stew & molotov cocktails worked a treat too.
    Just read that - getting me thinking.......

Comment

Why not add a roll of barbed wire round the top of the garden fence and perhaps a few guard dogs to finish the effect?

Comment

Turrets are a good defense...one at each corner should do it...
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
          Go for the rocket turrets, not useless flame ones...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Go for the rocket turrets, not useless flame ones...
            Yeah, I agree but I was thinking that maybe rockets were overkill for a 10 foot square garden? You could always add land mines as an extra precaution, without it seeming over the top!
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Yeah, I agree but I was thinking that maybe rockets were overkill for a 10 foot square garden? You could always add land mines as an extra precaution, without it seeming over the top!
              Claymores lining the garden path would be a nice touch.

Comment

Get yourself one of these
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Get yourself one of these
                  There's nothing like a stream of hot lead to show the neighbours who is boss...

On a slightly less lethal note, could you get hold of one of those wave weapins that makes your skin feel like it's burning? That would be an easy way to deter almost everybody...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Tourettes is a good defence - if they keep coming round, tell 'em you'll rip their f***ing throats out and p*** in the hole.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X