• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom

Today is my last day of this 10 month contract and the end can't come soon enough. I've had a couple of meetings over the past few weeks to hammer out something somewhere else and I'm happy to say I start my next contract on Monday. 6 months too, so christmas period is covered. Woo!

No time for a holiday though, but what the hell, I can't complain.

Oh, I meant to add this is how I feel..

Comment

You are a trooper 10 months on a bad contract, I am not sure I would last 10 days.

Congrats on your new role, do take some time off over xmas.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Thanks, the problem with this current role is that I've been sat here for 5 weeks with absolutely nothing to do, and yet people are still looking over my shoulder so doing personal stuff is a bit dodgy. After these 5 weeks, they started coming to me yesterday with bugs. Ones which I can honestly say have nothing to do with me and have been caused by the guy who held up development making me sit on my ass for 5 weeks with nothing to do. So I have taken a certain amount of glee in telling them they have nothing to do with me.

Bloody permie developers..

Comment

I'm currently sitting on my backside as well. A mini contractor cull is underway, client run out of money, software about to be released, they realised they haven't really thought about support etc. Waiting for the tap on the shoulder to exit stage left...

Nice to hear there are other real contracts out there. Phone is getting busy, email getting busy, so I am not so nervous.

Oh, and

Comment

Working...
          X