• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For those working in the city ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those working in the city ...

What pub are you off to at lunch? Tend to go towards smithfiled and farringdon, but getting bored with the same old places after 6 months, mon to fri ...

Suggestions please!

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    What pub are you off to at lunch? Tend to go towards smithfiled and farringdon, but getting bored with the same old places after 6 months, mon to fri ...

Suggestions please!
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Try Brown's in Shoreditch
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Good to see the City boys and girls hard at work generating the wealth Britain now depends on.

Luch is for wimps.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Er well, let's just say I have once or twice ...

Comment

Suggestions please!
            Whereabouts you based?

The Jamaica inn off Cornhill is good as is the Counting house, both have a good selection of real ales.
            Old tea warehouse, Creechurch Lane, off leadenhall st, again good selection of ales but get there early, as it's popular.

If you're up for summat more trendy then the sterling at the gherkin isn't bad.

As for drinking at lunch current clientco have a ban on drinking during office hours

Though I'm working from home today ......
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Suggestions please!
              Railway on Liverpool Street is ok.

My mate owns the Ten Bells opposite Spitalfields which is good for a quick pint before/after you've had a pie in the market.

However, I now work in the cultural wasteland that is Paddington so I'll be going to Pret at lunch and saving my beers for this evening...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If I'm in the big smoke I escape to here for some peace and quiet, they'll do you a nice steak sandwich and there's usually a fire going...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

lovely place, nice atmosphere and the ladies in the bar................

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Yeah highly recommended make sure you have a lot of pound coins on you though

Comment

Working...
                    X