• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

T-5 minutes until Nasa crash a Ford Transit into the moon...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-5 minutes until Nasa crash a Ford Transit into the moon...

What will they find... dust, water, cheese?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

hmmm must check other posts...
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      What will they find?
      There'll only be one parking space and it'll have a disabled sign on it.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        There'll only be one parking space and it'll have a disabled sign on it.
        With a porsche cayenne in it
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

A woman will have parked in it...sideways!!!
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

or someone's left their trolley in it
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Big shiney new Range Rover in it IMO
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Big shiney new Range Rover in it IMO
                parked sideways

Norrahe's blog

Comment

parked sideways
                  Your baiting me to make a woman joke arn't you!! lol..

Anyway, for fear of being incredibly boring and actually bringing this conversation back around to the actual topic. Did anyone see the report on this dismal failure?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8299118.stm

No plume, no results = failure. Why do the mission controllers at the end stand up clapping. Was it hard to smash a probe in to the moon??

Also have a look at where they crash it. The biggest shadowed area on the face of the dam moon. WTF!! Couldn't they have gone a few 100 meters north so they could actually see the crator or what might have gone wrong?

Maybe I am not intellectual enough to understand this level of thinking but this looks like one might cock up to me.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Your baiting me to make a woman joke arn't you!! lol..

Anyway, for fear of being incredibly boring and actually bringing this conversation back around to the actual topic. Did anyone see the report on this dismal failure?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8299118.stm

No plume, no results = failure. Why do the mission controllers at the end stand up clapping. Was it hard to smash a probe in to the moon??

Also have a look at where they crash it. The biggest shadowed area on the face of the dam moon. WTF!! Couldn't they have gone a few 100 meters north so they could actually see the crator or what might have gone wrong?

Maybe I am not intellectual enough to understand this level of thinking but this looks like one might cock up to me.
                    Never let a woman drive a spacecraft ...
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X