• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good place to find car bits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good place to find car bits

I'm car illiterate.

Thought I'd start off with that statement.

Anyway, looking at selling our car and looks like it's worthwhile buying a new bumper for the one that's dented (Missus had a prang a couple of years ago).

Where do I go to look for such things? (Google isn't helping me in this)?

Cheers all.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

http://www.gwbridges.co.uk/

If you're not too far away from Sussex. Just call and ask if they have any.

Comment

Look up your local salvage yard

Comment

You are car illiterate and you want to replace a part of it yourself?

Not convinced you're following the correct course of action here, but good luck with it anyway...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

eBay!
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            I'm car illiterate.

Thought I'd start off with that statement.

Anyway, looking at selling our car and looks like it's worthwhile buying a new bumper for the one that's dented (Missus had a prang a couple of years ago).

Where do I go to look for such things? (Google isn't helping me in this)?

Cheers all.
            I found it cheaper to buy a new bumper eBay. It was a cheap as a used one (£50). The bad point was fitting it. It took two people three hours to do. Bumpers are fiddly to fit. You maybe better off in get the price for a cheap one and then knock the price off the car when it comes to negotiation.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

On the moon.

Shortly.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                You are car illiterate and you want to replace a part of it yourself?

Not convinced you're following the correct course of action here, but good luck with it anyway...
                I know someone who can do it for me, just need to get the bits.

Cheers for the tips.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Multi-storey.

Comment

Pease Pottage eh? All the best people on this site are from Sussex.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X