• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Want to watch £6 million go drain the drain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to watch £6 million go drain the drain?

then tune in tonight to Gov's latest advertising wheeze

Ministers target climate change doubters in prime-time TV advert

Another £6 million of our money pissed_up_the wall

*cough* Sort out the url.

Comment

*cough* Sort out the url.
      He did.

That actually IS the advert that cost £6 million.

I think, much like my gushing critique of HAB's Twitter, that this "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error is explicitly designed to highlight man's loss of information in the global sea of the Internet.

It's very post-modernistic and sublime in its approach.

It's a modern take on opening the curtains and seeing nothing outside, because there is nothing there in the first place.

By juxtaposing the loss of the environment with the loss of information, the reader is both literally and physically poor.

Well, that's the only explanation I can come up with for spending £6 million on a blank web page. They approached a young and funky design agency who spouted the above moo-poo.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
      X