• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown in the Telegraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Brown in the Telegraph

Britain's economy ready to bounce back, says Gordon Brown. The economy is poised to recover far more quickly than expected.

link

Errrr, doesn't look like that from where I'm stood.
    Why do they even bother to give this guy a platfom to spout this nonsense?

Originally posted by bekarovka View Post

Why do they even bother to give this guy a platfom to spout this nonsense?
    It's called giving a guy enough rope to hang himself
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The economy is poised to recover far more quickly than expected.
      Be careful what you wish for, it may just come true. It's entirely possible that Gordon knows what's about to happen, and if the economy is going to recover far more quickly than expected, then those who've predicted hyper-inflation/a crack-up boom as a result of QE, will be shown to be right. May God help us all.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Be careful what you wish for, it may just come true. It's entirely possible that Gordon knows what's about to happen, and if the economy is going to recover far more quickly than expected, then those who've predicted hyper-inflation/a crack-up boom as a result of QE, will be shown to be right. May God help us all.
        So it's BOOM or BUST then.

I thought there was "no more boom and bust"
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Boom would be fine with me.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Boom would be fine with me.
            Well yes, I for one would love the opportunity to work again.
            BUT - would you like the scenario where you start a contract at £300 a day, and by the end of the week a packet of crisps costs £500?
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I think the whole thing has been over hyped and as such we will come out of recession sooner than we think. Sure the banks over extended but it was hardly "capitalism is now dead" like we were told at the start of the year.

I, however, will of course be overhyping the recovery when coming up for every renewal next year.

Comment

Bizarre statement.

We are running the economy at an enormous loss - 5 (five) times the USA and Europe nations - and it is getting bigger. We are paying more interest to service national debt than the budget of most government departments.

Brown is just reinflating the bubble just long enough to get us to the next election.

Comment

He is playing the role of opposition party leader now. The tough times ahead will be the tories fault! We were just about to come out of recession and they dragged us back in! Bad tories!

Labours longer term strategy involves admitting defeat now at the next election, and preparing for the one after that. The boom in the stock market and in house prices is the result of their manipulation, they want a boom to last up until the tory government comes in. Then the second leg of the downturn will come as the tories do what's necessary. In opposition they can claim the tories messed it all up, not them. In doing so they stand a chance of Mr and Mrs muppet public voting them in next time, so they can continue what they actually believe to be their 'good work' helping 'hard working families' and bringing in stupid measures which are 'the right thing to do'.

Consider getting out of stocks shortly before the election and waiting to see what happens.

Comment

I still think there is a chance GB will win the election.

If economy bounces the plebs might not like DC's austerity.

Comment

Working...
                    X