• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government gives our tax to America

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government gives our tax to America

I've wondered why the government doesn't just give the Treasury away completely and get it over and done with.

So when I got the HMRC letter this morning that says in future I'm not to pay MyLtdCo's tax to the Bank of England but Citi bank I was barely surprised.

Can there be any other country that has outsourced its treasury overseas?

In Googling about to learn more, I found this site. I think that site is there to advertise a product called 'Taxwise' but the rants are good.
    If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

HMRC Is tulipe (www.hmrcistulipe.com, www.hmrconline.com) is dedicated to the taxpayers of Britain, and the employees of the HMRC, who have to endure the monumental shambles that is Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

Too bloody right!

Oh and this swear filter thing is just ridiculous - especially when it mangles URLs.

A chap should be able to say SH|T if he wants to, surely!
    Last edited by bogeyman; 10 October 2009, 14:05. Reason: rage against the tulip filter

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

HMRC Is tulipe (www.hmrcistulipe.com, www.hmrconline.com) is dedicated to the taxpayers of Britain, and the employees of the HMRC, who have to endure the monumental shambles that is Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

Too bloody right!

Oh and this swear filter thing is just ridiculous - especially when it mangles URLs.

A chap should be able to say SH|T if he wants to, surely!
      According to the profile of the blog writer, Ken Frost, he also writes the following blogs:

Thames Water Is Sh!te
      BA Is Sh!te

Comment

I think some years ago IR sold to and then leased back property from an off-shore entity that won't pay tax in UK.

Given that City almost went bust just recently (alongside with many other banks), the decision to move banking there is totally bizarre.

Comment

Working...
        X