• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Laptop bag req'd.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Laptop bag req'd.

Any recommendations from the panel?

Messenger type preferred with padded area for laptop (up to 15") and separate area with pockets for all other carp.

Current one (Antler) has served me well but is getting a bit shabby and I don't think they do them anymore.

TIA
    PL

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Messenger type preferred with padded area for laptop (up to 15") and separate area with pockets for all other carp.

Current one (Antler) has served me well but is getting a bit shabby and I don't think they do them anymore.

TIA
    PL
    Did you do a search? There've been a few threads on this...
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

sfbags.com

Pricey, but mine has lasted over six years and still looks good as new.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

TIA
        PL
        Got an "HP" laptop bag for my Lenovo Thinkpad T500 (15" screen) about 2 months ago. Nice quality, and the laptop fits perfectly. Came with a shoulder strap as well as a handle. Bought it from John Lewis (Oxford St.) of all places. They had quite a few in there, but the HP seemed about the right size for me and of decent quality. Also has pockets both sides for all the normal extras (power supply, etc.) Can't remember how much I paid, but it wasn't much (about £20, I think.)

Nomadd
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Did you do a search? There've been a few threads on this...
          Aye , this one, which ended up as a tex-mex discussion.

Comment

I can heartily recommend the Victorinox ones.

Made by the people who make Swiss Army Knives. Quality.

Got one for my 17 incher from Argos for £reasonable.

Comment

Pakuma are worth a look.
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

The mutts nuts:

http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1495CC1

A little on the heavy side but great protection.

Comment

I don't know what it's like travelling through airports in Europe these days, but if you fly a lot, and find it a real pain having to take your laptop out of the bag before passing it through the scanner (as you do in the US), there are some bags that have been approved by the US Transportation Security Administration that can be passed through with the laptop inside.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2327448,00.asp

Comment

Crumpler do a massive range of messenger and rucksack style bags. Really good quality and seemingly indestructible.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X