PDA

View Full Version : Chasing the Aurora

realityhack
12th October 2009, 08:11
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but is this the same Walter Mitty character we had here a while ago? Just saw it in the Metro:
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Fantasist_Army_doctor_who_treated_tro ops_is_jailed&in_article_id=750749&in_page_id=34

DiscoStu
12th October 2009, 08:16
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but is this the same Walter Mitty character we had here a while ago? Just saw it in the Metro:
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Fantasist_Army_doctor_who_treated_tro ops_is_jailed&in_article_id=750749&in_page_id=34

Yep, same bloke :eek:

Pictures here (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1219741/Victim-lying-Major-TA-girl-fell-serial-fantasist-said-hed-Army-medic-fighter-pilot-psychiatrist.html) and here (http://www.forres-gazette.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/1972/Craig_is_happy_to_spend_Christmas_alone.html).

DimPrawn
12th October 2009, 08:17
A fantasist who posed as an Army doctor and treated up to 40 recruits has been jailed.

Alexander, from Woolwich, south-east London, admitted pretending to be a registered medical practitioner, and battery in relation to Mr Cox's hand. Andrew Collings, defending, said Alexander was looking to further his career in finance. 'He's hoping to get back into risk management,' he added.

I can see the connection.

:laugh

Churchill
12th October 2009, 08:43
It's Menelaus. :o

Hope he gets some help.

Zippy
12th October 2009, 08:45
I thought you knew him Churchill?

Churchill
12th October 2009, 08:46

Never met him, communicated by email but just goes to show! :o

Looks like we know why his place is empty...

sasguru
12th October 2009, 08:47
It's Menalaus. :o

Hope he gets some help.

Really?:eek:

Zippy
12th October 2009, 08:48
Well, that's this weeks gossip all done and dusted then.

DimPrawn
12th October 2009, 08:49
I'm getting sick of all the Walter Mitty characters on here.

Yours,

DP, Swindon millionaire, philanthropist and playboy.

Zippy
12th October 2009, 08:50
Really?:eek:

Based on what I know of him, I'm afraid Churchill is correct.

sasguru
12th October 2009, 08:52
Based on what I know of him, I'm afraid Churchill is correct.

Scary thing is he claims to be a SAS guru.

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 08:53

Scary thing is, he was on here once before and duped us all.... how did we let it happen again.

******* hell.... what a nutter.

Zippy
12th October 2009, 08:56

There can only be one :D

thankfully ....

sasguru
12th October 2009, 08:57
Scary thing is, he was on here once before and duped us all.... how did we let it happen again.

******* hell.... what a nutter.

I generally take people on face value.
No reason why we should have suspected him.
Although in retrospect he did go on about the gulf war and his "mental state" a bit too much.

sasguru
12th October 2009, 08:57
There can only be one :D

thankfully ....

Indeed. :laugh:laugh

Andy2
12th October 2009, 09:00
his last post was on 8th October 2009, 17:51

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 09:01
his last post was on 8th October 2009, 17:51

I noticed that too - so when was the trial? And will he be back after his 16 weeks.

Walter Mitty hasn't a patch on that fella... :rolleyes:

Zippy
12th October 2009, 09:06
I noticed that too - so when was the trial? And will he be back after his 16 weeks.

Beware geeks bearing gifs (or something)

IGMC

EternalOptimist
12th October 2009, 09:07
Beware geeks bearing gifs (or something)

IGMC

heh heh

very good

:rolleyes:

minestrone
12th October 2009, 09:11
Did anyone take him up on his offer of the flat? Anyone seen sally anne recently?

He did tell me that he just missed out on going to medical school.

TimberWolf
12th October 2009, 09:19
It's Menalaus. :o

Hope he gets some help.

:confused: How do you know?

DimPrawn
12th October 2009, 09:20
Next you'll be telling me Spartacus isn't the real deal.

minestrone
12th October 2009, 09:20

His first name was Craig, that I know.

EternalOptimist
12th October 2009, 09:26

you mean he wasn't a greek king from 3000 years ago ?
bummer

Zippy
12th October 2009, 09:28
Next you'll be telling me Spartacus isn't the real deal.

Yes we are!

TheFaQQer
12th October 2009, 09:28

:eek:

conned tractor
12th October 2009, 09:30
I'm getting a bit wierded out by this place/ imaginary place.

TheFaQQer
12th October 2009, 09:30

It says in one of the articles that Stu linked to that he changed his name from Craig Colclough to Craig Alexander.

I wonder if there is anything in the "Craig Colclough Appreciation Society" group on facebook yet.

Churchill
12th October 2009, 09:32

The guy changed his name by deed poll to "Craig Alexander", Craig has emailed me. I read the article, put two and two together re: his flat in London about to be empty.

A little telephone call I made this morning confirmed it.

I hope he uses the time in "Nick" to sort himself out.

However now that his picture and background have been pasted all over the place he might find it difficult to go back to work in the city.

Very sad. However, when he got the role of Quack in that signals TA regiment, why wasn't his background checked? :spank: :spank: :spank:

Heads will roll...

ferret
12th October 2009, 09:34
No way! Was that really Menelaus???

Alexander treated dozens of recruits at the Territorial Army's 36th Signals, based in Ilford, Essex. His patients included signalman Mark Cox, who broke his hand while out on an exercise.

Alexander, 39, misdiagnosed the fracture as a dislocation and 'manipulated' Mr Cox's hand back into place, causing him immense pain.

:sick

ferret
12th October 2009, 09:35
I'm getting a bit wierded out by this place/ imaginary place.

We are all one here... Soon you will join us :laugh

alreadypacked
12th October 2009, 09:36

I noticed in some posts he was "working in the city" and in others he was "looking for a role". He PM me where he was working, I said it was very very near me. I didn't hear from him again :eyes

conned tractor
12th October 2009, 09:36
Menalaus consulting- does all that he talked about on here.

http://www.menelaus-consulting.com/Contact.html

Craig Alexander on linkedin (of menaluas consulting)

http://www.linkedin.com/in/craigalexanderuk

Oh dear. Poor chap.

minestrone
12th October 2009, 09:40
He was always telling me he graduated in maths from Glagow Uni which is a good degree, it turns out he went to the "Glasgow Central College of Commerce" or the "College of Comedy" as it's know round these parts.

Churchill
12th October 2009, 09:42
I noticed in some posts he was "working in the city" and in others he was "looking for a role". He PM me where he was working, I said it was very very near me. I didn't hear from him again :eyes

Go on, admit it, you asked him for a date! :hug:

You really are incorrigible! :rollin:

alreadypacked
12th October 2009, 09:43
He was always telling me he graduated in maths from Glagow Uni which is a good degree, it turns out he went to the "Glasgow Central College of Commerce" or the "College of Comedy" as it's know round these parts.

Is anything on his profile real?
Did he have a breakdown or something?

Churchill
12th October 2009, 09:43

I read his paper on IEDs - clever stuff. :bang: :bang: :bang: :throw:

Bunk
12th October 2009, 09:44
Hmm, things start to click into place once you realise the truth. Didn't he also claim he was playing in a band at Ronnie Scotts a while back?

alreadypacked
12th October 2009, 09:45
I read a paper on IEDs - clever stuff. :bang: :bang: :bang: :throw:

:spel fixed that for you.

TimberWolf
12th October 2009, 09:46

Did he go to your 'social'?

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 09:48
Is anything on his profile real?
Did he have a breakdown or something?

Doubtful... I wonder if those companies know that he's listed them as places he has worked?

Jesus Christ..... what a looney!

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 09:48

Good point AP... his could have passed it off as his own work, no problem...

AtW
12th October 2009, 09:49

Who doesn't? :smokin

Churchill
12th October 2009, 09:49

You might be right. :frown

Did he go to your 'social'?
Nope. Just "knew" him from here but we nearly met during the summer when we were in the smoke for BPs wedding, didn't have time though.

alreadypacked
12th October 2009, 09:51
Good point AP... his could have passed it off as his own work, no problem...

I feel realy sorry for the women he married, it will take them a long time to trust themselves, let alone anyone else.

TheFaQQer
12th October 2009, 09:51
Menalaus consulting- does all that he talked about on here.

http://www.menelaus-consulting.com/Contact.html

Craig Alexander on linkedin (of menaluas consulting)

Oh dear. Poor chap.

I think he's misspellt "quant" on his linked in profile somewhat...

conned tractor
12th October 2009, 09:53
I think he's misspellt "quant" on his linked in profile somewhat...

You mean it should be with a 'c'?

realityhack
12th October 2009, 09:53
No way - is Menelaus really his post-banning alter-id?

:eek

minestrone
12th October 2009, 09:55
Was he on here under another name previously?

Did he get banned?

Bunk
12th October 2009, 09:55
To be fair to him, he did mention that he had mental health problems. In fact he mentioned it regularly, it was almost "Hey everyone, I've got mental problems but I don't like to talk about them... much".

TheFaQQer
12th October 2009, 09:56
Doubtful... I wonder if those companies know that he's listed them as places he has worked?

Jesus Christ..... what a looney!

He's got 7 recommendations on LinkedIn, so "someone" must know him.

You're just upset because now we all know that your stalker really did have something seriously wrong with him :)

TimberWolf
12th October 2009, 09:56
To be fair to him, he did mention that he had mental health problems. In fact he mentioned it regularly, it was almost "Hey everyone, I've got mental problems but I don't like to talk about them... much".

Here's a few samples:

When I'm off my meds I get super, super creative meaning I can patent things like a fiend
http://forums.contractoruk.com/949288-post11.html

Has to be said, I'm sitting here with a small gin and tonic and the voices in my head singing in unison "You rock, you rock, you rock"
http://forums.contractoruk.com/949141-post4.html

I find it a worry that the new Mental Health Act gives the "authorities" the right to detain someone even though they're not acting in a way that makes them a danger to themselves or others or committing any crime.
http://forums.contractoruk.com/940302-post7.html

Bet I'm looniest ... I make the late, great Terence Alan Patrick Seán Milligan look like a figure of sanity, regrettably.
http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/46303-social-pogle-zippy-8.html#post936403

Looniest? C'est moi, surely?
http://forums.contractoruk.com/936392-post67.html

Doesn't sound any less sane than the average CUKer :confused:

TheFaQQer
12th October 2009, 09:57

Did he get banned?

He was / is chasingtheaurora.

Wasn't banned, but once the bigamy news broke, for some reason he stopped posting under that ID :rolleyes:

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 09:58

Did he get banned?

Yeah - he was "ChasingtheAurora" - duped some of us (myself included) into sponsoring his trek to the NorthPole or where ever it was he was going... :o

After it was all in the papers the last time, he was banned (I thought) ... I can't remember if the police were involved - Admin would have to confirm that... he did a good job of sneaking back in, the crazy loon.

realityhack
12th October 2009, 09:59
Hmm... Shall we see if he posts again under Menelaus from inside the nick? He can update us from the (slightly less comfortable) bench.

Is that bad taste or natural curiosity?

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 09:59
He's got 7 recommendations on LinkedIn, so "someone" must know him.

You're just upset because now we all know that your stalker really did have something seriously wrong with him :)

I know... I can't believe it didn't click with me - now I look back he was pretty similar (except for the stalking PM's etc...) :o

TimberWolf
12th October 2009, 10:00
It must be quite weird (and probably not an altogether pleasant experience) to be intelligent enough to realise that you are a mental case. Doesn't quite compute though.

shaunbhoy
12th October 2009, 10:00

Well he'd gravitated to the right place by winding up here at least.

Churchill
12th October 2009, 10:02

We all do! ;)

AtW
12th October 2009, 10:03
Yeah - he was "ChasingtheAurora" - duped some of us (myself included) into sponsoring his trek to the NorthPole or where ever it was he was going... :o

Be grateful he only (allegedly) wanted money from you, not to get married or something...

TheFaQQer
12th October 2009, 10:04
I know... I can't believe it didn't click with me - now I look back he was pretty similar (except for the stalking PM's etc...) :o

I know - he kept PMing me for those naked pictures of you that I had.....

TheFaQQer
Be grateful he only (allegedly) wanted money from you, not to get married or something...

Ummmm - I think it was more than just money that he wanted from Carling :eek

Bunk

Yep, perfect place for him to blend in. Walter Mitty types are ten a penny here.

Bunk
12th October 2009, 10:05
Yep, perfect place for him to blend in. Walter Mitty types are ten a penny here.

Now I'm off for spin in my Ferrari around Monaco.

Zippy
12th October 2009, 10:06

Did I mention I've perfected cold fusion? :D

minestrone
12th October 2009, 10:07

After it was all in the papers the last time, he was banned (I thought) ... I can't remember if the police were involved - Admin would have to confirm that... he did a good job of sneaking back in, the crazy loon.

You know, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing him in the papers before.

This place is bloody weird.

I can't do any work this morning.

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 10:08

:spank: :spank:

I know - he kept PMing me for those naked pictures of you that I had.....

:spank: :spank: You too!!

realityhack
12th October 2009, 10:09
Did I mention I've perfected cold fusion? :D
It's not that difficult - similar layout to Dreamweaver so you should be fine.

IGMC

Zippy
12th October 2009, 10:15
It's not that difficult - similar layout to Dreamweaver so you should be fine.

IGMC

I'll give you a hand :D

DaveB
12th October 2009, 10:16
You know, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing him in the papers before.

This place is bloody weird.

I can't do any work this morning.

You did, only that time he was called Craig Colclough (http://www.forres-gazette.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/2346/Fund-raising_trek_exposed_as_a_sham.html) and tried to scam people into sponsoring him for a charity fundraising expedition to the North Pole. He was also exposed in the Sunday Mail in Scotland but the article appears to have been removed.

He's also been done for Bigamy.

Looks like it just takes the courts this long to get around to trying him.

minestrone
12th October 2009, 10:25
You did, only that time he was called Craig Colclough (http://www.forres-gazette.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/2346/Fund-raising_trek_exposed_as_a_sham.html) and tried to scam people into sponsoring him for a charity fundraising expedition to the North Pole. He was also exposed in the Sunday Mail in Scotland but the article appears to have been removed.

Googling his name it seems there was quite a big spread in the Sunday Mail (http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/lifestyle/real-life-stories/2007/12/09/bogus-top-gun-pilot-in-bigamy-probe-78057-20224451/) where I probably read it.

"Gail also discovered through an internet message board that Colclough was engaged to mum-of-one Erin Bigley. "

Shirely not this one?

alreadypacked
12th October 2009, 10:29

"The article claimed he had lived a series of lies, using different identities and fake qualifications."

This answers my earlier question. :bluelight

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 10:33
:laugh Thats the article we saw before... my fave quote is

"He said he was a fraudster and had as much chance of getting to the North Pole as he had of canoeing to the moon."

conned tractor
12th October 2009, 10:33
Oh dear. He seems to have messed up a few peoples lives.

When he said last week he was transported on a hercules - I wonder if he was adorning a nice matching pair of steel bracelets.

minestrone
12th October 2009, 10:34
"He once told me that he had taken his tornado on a spin to Rome for lunch and that he had flown back with a bowl of spaghetti perched on his lap."

:rollin:

http://www.expats.cz/prague/showthread.php?t=167816&page=7&pp=7

DiscoStu
12th October 2009, 10:36
His profile says :

Presenting at MiD conference Nov 09

Think they might need a new speaker :laugh

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 10:39
Mmmmmmmmmmm....

don't we all?

Mmmmmmmmmmm...

Ooops.

Did I say that aloud?

:spank: :spank: Cheeky!

Zippy
12th October 2009, 10:43
You too?

I'm working on dilithium crystals at the moment.

Got to get the warp drive working again.

We need more power now Taffy! And reconfigure the lateral sensor array while you are at it.

conned tractor
12th October 2009, 10:44
Where's the thread about the last time craig/alex g./teuchter/highlander et al was 'outed' as a complete fruit loop? (approx 2 years ago) He was in the UK newspapers at the time, as a love rat Walter Mitty type and then spent some time in a mental hospital in Scotland.

He used to post from the mental hospital when he managed to give them the slip and access a pc, he wrote that he had ended up there as a result of a botched suicide bid when he walked into the sea off the north coast of Scotland (allegedly - ahem!).

He then went on to start posting on a more regular basis about how he was completely rehabilitated and hugely remorseful about all of his previous misdemeanours, however as the story has repeated itself (albeit he has promoted himself to Major this time - 3 CHEERS, pip pip, jolly good show!) - he is clearly not a well bunny.....

Having met craig a number of times in Prague, he came accross as plausible, up to a point. I remember the time I brought him back some goodies from Scotland and we met at his apartment near IP Pavlova (above Sylvie's lekarna) he told me all sorts that night, including the fact that he had played rugby for Scotland!!! Utter tripe of course. I just thought he was a daft loser after that, little did I know then, that there will probably be a movie made about the guy now!!

Anyway, if anyone can find his 'suicide' thread, please post a link to it.

And lest we forget, alongside being a fighter pilot, risk management consultant, forensic accountant, polar explorer, multiple bigamist, etc..HE PLAYED RUGBY FOR SCOTLAND!!

expats thread from 2007 (http://www.expats.cz/prague/showthread.php?t=167816&page=15&pp=7)

fruityloop.

DS23
12th October 2009, 10:45

love the education piece. who'd a thought of putting future edication on a cv!

EternalOptimist
12th October 2009, 10:50
the poor sod is probably standing in the shower right now.

In D block, wondering if Bubba will believe that he is really an undercover prison governer on a 'secretCustomer' excercise

cojak
12th October 2009, 10:56
I generally take people on face value.
No reason why we should have suspected him.
Although in retrospect he did go on about the gulf war and his "mental state" a bit too much.

SAS is quite correct, it gets a bit snippy on here when we abuse every newbie as a walter mitty...

Pogle
12th October 2009, 10:59
Great Galloping Guinea Pigs!!

Really - Menelaus?

Wow. :eek:

BTW Zippy & Zeighty, try reversing the polarity of the neutron flow :wink

sasguru
12th October 2009, 10:59
SAS is quite correct, it gets a bit snippy on here when we abuse every newbie as a walter mitty...

There are enough "oldie" Walter Mitties, chief of whom are DimPrawn and Threaded.

HairyArsedBloke
12th October 2009, 11:01
the poor sod is probably standing in the shower right now.

In D block, wondering if Bubba will believe that he is really an undercover prison governer on a 'secretCustomer' excercise

It'll be the making of the man - it was for me.

conned tractor
12th October 2009, 11:03
Did anyone take him up on his offer of the flat? Anyone seen sally anne recently?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/sallyanne.html

Last Activity: 9th October 2009 18:49

I hope she didn't meet him.

cojak
12th October 2009, 11:04

He stalked you?

Has he seen Churchill???? :laugh

Pogle
12th October 2009, 11:04
Doesnae work, Piggie... we tried that before.

I think it requires inverse meson flow.

Or something.

Have you tried half wave recification,
Or do you need a whetstone bridge for that? :laugh

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 11:05
He stalked you?

Has he seen Churchill???? :laugh

It was before we got together... when he was being "ChasingtheAurora"

EternalOptimist
12th October 2009, 11:07

It was before we got together... when he was being "ChasingtheAurora"

chasing the aureola more like

Zippy
12th October 2009, 11:07
Couldn't we just delete this thread and see if he comes back in a few weeks?

<evil, bad Zippy> :spank:

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 11:08

conned tractor
12th October 2009, 11:08

What, set him up for a good kicking, or is that too much.

Zippy
12th October 2009, 11:09

Bet it's only 8

Zippy
12th October 2009, 11:11
What, set him up for a good kicking, or is that too much.

A touch. Also - better the devil you know (just in case he goes for the hat-trick)

sasguru
12th October 2009, 11:11

He'll be back anyway but not as Menelaus.

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 11:12
He'll be back anyway but not as Menelaus.

Lets hope we have a bit more luck at recognising him next time....

conned tractor
12th October 2009, 11:12
A touch. Also - better the devil you know (just in case he goes for the hat-trick)

Agreed. Bit hasty.

EternalOptimist
12th October 2009, 11:14
So I wonder how exactly he got the bigamy charges dropped.

he opted for the sharia court

-Dr Runcie

Andy2
12th October 2009, 11:15
So was this character like in the movie Catch me if you can or a bit more loony

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 11:17

:spel Sinister....

Zippy
12th October 2009, 11:18
Lets hope we have a bit more luck at recognising him next time....

Third time lucky eh?

conned tractor
12th October 2009, 11:19

Sounds a bit more fight club type loon to me.

Churchill
12th October 2009, 11:21
Perhaps the admins will put up a prize for the first person to recognise him... :laugh

EternalOptimist
12th October 2009, 11:21
Third time lucky eh?

now that you mention it, there is a bit of a clue.

Both Menelaus and the 'L' person, spent an inordinate amount of time talking about mental health problems.

Zippy
12th October 2009, 11:22
Perhaps the admins will put up a prize for the first person to recognise him... :laugh

OK - I'll have a fiver on the ID AndyMcNab

sasguru
12th October 2009, 11:27
There's an Andymak already.

I wonder what

http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/adultcartoonshentaiww.html

is all about then?

Shhhhh.

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 11:28
Third time lucky eh?

:o

sasguru
12th October 2009, 11:29
I think the standard question to "newbies" should be changed from:

"Do you like movies about gladiators?"

to

"Were you a major in the SAS?"

Zippy
12th October 2009, 11:38
:o

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic(for a change). Sorry :hug:

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 11:43
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic(for a change). Sorry :hug:

Ah, I know - it's just you'd think I'd have spotted something!

realityhack
12th October 2009, 11:52
Maybe we should let this thread and similar banter slip away quietly, and when Menelaus returns (from an IP at Her Majesty's pleasure), we should subtly work the mitty remarks in to the conversation. :devil

DS23
12th October 2009, 11:58
that's right. let's all stop posting ok?

Churchill
12th October 2009, 11:58
Maybe we should let this thread and similar banter slip away quietly, and when Menelaus returns (from an IP at Her Majesty's pleasure), we should subtly work the mitty remarks in to the conversation. :devil

Reading other forums on which the guy has posted and finding out about his stalking escapades I think there's something decidedly sinister about him.

He's been investigated for assault and witness intimidation. He appears to be a serial offender. IMO not deserving of the humour that is being shown.

DS23
12th October 2009, 11:59
posting in here that is.

DS23
12th October 2009, 11:59
or mentioning him at all.

TimberWolf
12th October 2009, 12:00
Mention who?

minestrone
12th October 2009, 13:28
It's now made the telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/6304990/Serial-fantasist-army-doctor-jailed.html

He will no doubt be out in 8 weeks and this thread has to be deleted then to see if he turns up to tell us about his "short term contract in the middle east".

TheFaQQer
12th October 2009, 13:39
Ah, I know - it's just you'd think I'd have spotted something!

It's obvious that you're just attracted to the loonies......

Churchill
12th October 2009, 13:42

I'm not bright enough to be a loonie.

Hth.

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 13:48

Ha bloody ha :spank: :spank:

DaveB
12th October 2009, 13:52

Well on the basis that opposites attract and it's the exception that proves the rule...

:D

minestrone
12th October 2009, 18:45
Read the Scottish Sun on the way home and he got half a page dedicated to him.

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 19:15
Read the Scottish Sun on the way home and he got half a page dedicated to him.

Shame really - seems like he thrives on the attention...

By the time he gets out of the clink, this thread should be long gone.

AtW
12th October 2009, 19:16

And if you weren't then you wouldn't be wearing nuns mini-skirt uniform!

:spank:

minestrone
12th October 2009, 19:17

By the time he gets out of the clink, this thread should be long gone.

I agree

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 19:22

Actually, I'm sitting here in fleecy pj's.... I save the nuns outfit for you sweetie :wink

Churchill
12th October 2009, 19:25

Sorry to upset you but that isn't a picture of CM.

minestrone
12th October 2009, 19:26
Soooo, sallyanne?

Last week she was going to be moving into his place by the look of it while he went away to Leeds for a '16 week contract'.

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 19:26

Gah.... don't ruin it... I have a rep to keep up! :tongue

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 19:27
Soooo, sallyanne?

Last week she was going to be moving into his place by the look of it while he went away to Leeds for a '16 week contract'.

Well she was on Facebook today so she's still in one piece...

Bagpuss
12th October 2009, 19:28
Reading other forums on which the guy has posted and finding out about his stalking escapades I think there's something decidedly sinister about him.

He's been investigated for assault and witness intimidation. He appears to be a serial offender. IMO not deserving of the humour that is being shown.

He did seem to know quite a lot about the law when it came to harassment. Although he said he was being harassed, sounds like he was the one doing it. I was a bit suspicious of him for obvious reaons, didn't twig he was the chasing the doodah guy though who I did spot as a faker pretty early on.

Churchill
12th October 2009, 19:29
Actually, I'm sitting here in fleecy pj's.... I save the nuns outfit for you sweetie :wink

You do know that he's gone running for the kleenex, don't you?

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 19:30

:rollin::rollin::rollin:

AtW

:tantrum:

AtW

I was multi-threading one bit of code that was running too long...

cailin maith
:tantrum:

Bunk
12th October 2009, 19:31
I was multi-threading one bit of code that was running too long...

Is that what you're calling it these days? :rolleyes:

minestrone
12th October 2009, 19:35
I had a slight suspicion something was not right some time ago but not enough not to disbelieve him. It was when he talked about his grades at school I though something was not right.

Really what he said on here was he just missed the grades to be a doctor, went to do maths, went to join the army came out and joined the banks which is not really out of the ordinary. Hardly flying off to rome to get some pasta type stuff.

AtW
12th October 2009, 19:39
It was when he talked about his grades at school I though something was not right.

I also talked about my school grades on here :eek

minestrone
12th October 2009, 19:42

We do not do A Levels here but when he described just missing out the grades to go to medical school he spoke like he had done A levels. I just found that strange at the time. Also if you had your heart set on Medical school it would be pretty easy just to go back to school for a year and get another few grades. In scotland we go to uni a year earlier and it is not uncommon for medical schools to tell you to do an extra year at school even when you have got the grades to go in.

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 19:44

Yeah but you're not a loon...

much :tongue

Bagpuss
12th October 2009, 19:44
I'm a little worried about this guy now, I think he may have partially based his latest creation on me.

cailin maith
12th October 2009, 19:45
I'm a little worried about this guy now, I think he may have partially based his latest creation on me.

Huh? :confused:

AtW
12th October 2009, 20:01

Be grateful he does not stalk you....

OwlHoot
12th October 2009, 20:22

Won't be long before ARSSE's crack Walten Kommando team (http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Walts) put up a web page on him.

OwlHoot
12th October 2009, 20:26
.. Very sad. However, when he got the role of Quack in that signals TA regiment, why wasn't his background checked? :spank: :spank: :spank:

What a mupp. Fancy not just joining the Medical Corps, if he was claiming to be a doctor.

Have you seen what they're offering medics willing to work in Afghanistan? :eek:

edit: DOH! I missed the word "Quack". So he did, and I guess I'm the mupp.

minestrone
12th October 2009, 20:43
Won't be long before ARSSE's crack Walten Kommando team (http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Walts) put up a web page on him.

I was reading it today...

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Craig_Colclough

TimberWolf
12th October 2009, 21:08
Says there that there exists an:
8 page spread in your super soaraway Sunday Mail

Getting 8 pages in a National newspaper will take some beating by any wannabes.

Incognito
12th October 2009, 21:32
I knew the guy was a cheese ages ago. People that keep going on about their horrific experiences in the forces have never been in the forces. It's amazing how little people want to talk about the really bad stuff unless it's looking down an empty gin bottle.

Every third post of his seemed to be going on about his previous Army 'experiences' and how Churchill would confirm it when he logs on.

He really had a little wet patch in his bed about you churchy. I'd start locking the door at night mate, he's going to be on the receiving end of some hardcore training with bubba and his mates. Might give him the taste for the sausage.

HairyArsedBloke
12th October 2009, 21:39
He really had a little wet patch in his bed about you churchy. I'd start locking the door at night mate, he's going to be on the receiving end of some hardcore training with bubba and his mates. Might give him the taste for the sausage.

Worked for me - I never looked back. :wave:

PRC1964
12th October 2009, 22:17
I feel used.

Can I sue him?

Churchill
13th October 2009, 00:19
I knew the guy was a cheese ages ago. People that keep going on about their horrific experiences in the forces have never been in the forces. It's amazing how little people want to talk about the really bad stuff unless it's looking down an empty gin bottle.

Every third post of his seemed to be going on about his previous Army 'experiences' and how Churchill would confirm it when he logs on.

He did spend time in the Gulf.

The experiences that he mentioned I can confirm. With regards to him having a wetspot for me, it's not me that I'm worried about.

NickFitz
13th October 2009, 00:36

You flatter yourself :rolleyes:

alreadypacked
13th October 2009, 12:36
You flatter yourself :rolleyes:

Who else will :tongue

AtW
13th October 2009, 13:04
Who else will :tongue

The One Who Cannot Be Named...

minestrone
13th October 2009, 13:08
it's not me that I'm worried about.

I thought you hated Bagpuss.

Churchill
13th October 2009, 13:15
I thought you hated Bagpuss.

Hate? I don't even know him.

DS23
13th October 2009, 13:17
isn't he on first base?

Bunk
13th October 2009, 13:17
I thought this was quite funny yesterday until I looked through some of his old posts. With hindsight it all seems quite sad now.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/46479-bit-morbid.html
http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/46383-back-non-work-bench.html

dang65
13th October 2009, 13:28
Damn it, I was getting an odd feeling about him on this thread (http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/43178-who-here-has-seen-real-war-action-4.html#post866617), but of course people were playing the "you don't know what it's like, man" card, and it's hard to push things too far in that situation.

Imagine the worst fear that you can ever feel, the adrenaline coursing through your veins, your heartbeat pumping, the blood pressures up and you're there with your best mates.

Got that image in your head? OK.

Now multiply it by a billion - and you're still nowhere near close enough.

FFS :eyes

I tried to pull him up on that, but he was quite clever in not actually arguing, just placating, and others seemed to feel I was out of order anyway.

TimberWolf
13th October 2009, 13:43
No, Churchill gets sole credit for outing him. It's no good saying I've always had suspicions etc, after the event.

BrilloPad
13th October 2009, 13:44
No, Churchill gets sole credit for outing him. It's no good saying I've always had suspicions etc, after the event.

Doesn't stop most of the posters round here........

Bunk
13th October 2009, 13:46

True. He seemed a bit odd, but by no means the oddest person on here. I never would have made the jump to his real identity in a million years.

minestrone
13th October 2009, 14:00
Most if the stuff he said on here was almost true, he did go to the first gulf war in some capacity and did actually serve as an officer in the army although he told a good few porkies to get in. There was no reason to doubt what he was saying.

The stuff he was claiming on the Prague message board was way more crazy.

I did find his emotional leakage on here a bit strange but I just put that down to going on the computer after a good few beers.

EternalOptimist
13th October 2009, 14:04
Most if the stuff he said on here was almost true, he did go to the first gulf war in some capacity and did actually serve as an officer in the army although he told a good few porkies to get in. There was no reason to doubt what he was saying.

The stuff he was claiming on the Prague message board was way more crazy.

I did find his emotional leakage on here a bit strange but I just put that down to going on the computer after a good few beers.

I never suspected at all. I kind of liked him a bit.

cojak
13th October 2009, 14:22
But will he be out in time for the Go Ape fun and frolics, that's what I want to know!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/955337-post14.html

Churchill
13th October 2009, 14:24
But will he be out in time for the Go Ape fun and frolics, that's what I want to know!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/955337-post14.html

Will he be out for the XMas CUK do? :bluelight

DimPrawn
13th October 2009, 14:29
At least no one here had sex with him or lent him large sums of money.

sasguru
13th October 2009, 14:31
At least no one here had sex with him or lent him large sums of money.

Anyone seen SallyAnne?

minestrone
13th October 2009, 14:34
Anyone seen SallyAnne?

She is probably down a well in his basement just now trying to pull his golden retriever in with some chicken bones on a length of string.

Churchill
13th October 2009, 14:35
She is probably down a well in his basement just now trying to pull his golden retriever in with some chicken bones on a length of string.

She's fine. :D

dang65
13th October 2009, 14:42
Nah, I'm not claiming to have suspected him or outed him at all, just saying that I remembered that thread - one guy going on about "the horrors of war" and about how we would never know because we weren't there - and I looked it up when I read this thread and, sure enough, it was him. It just seemed completely over-the-top at the time and it wound me up enough to challenge him, but he was clever in avoiding any further discussion or rising to the bait, and clever enough to have other people defending him.

Bunk
13th October 2009, 14:50

It puts the lotion in the basket.

AtW
13th October 2009, 14:53
Will he be out for the XMas CUK do? :bluelight

He might be, in a year 2015...

PRC1964
13th October 2009, 15:25
I wonder if he'll be able to keep up his blog while at "HM's pleasure": http://mentalhealthisoverrated.blogspot.com/

minestrone
13th October 2009, 15:41
I wonder if he'll be able to keep up his blog while at "HM's pleasure": http://mentalhealthisoverrated.blogspot.com/

PRC1964
13th October 2009, 15:46
Quite. The first entry makes for some interesting reading.

Pogle
13th October 2009, 15:56
Aww now I'm all worried about his dog and who'll look after it :frown

cailin maith
13th October 2009, 15:57

:spel Imaginary dog!

shaunbhoy
13th October 2009, 16:00

One of his wives presumably.

EternalOptimist
13th October 2009, 16:01

I reckon the dog will be as relieved as Stephen Gatelys pet Gerbil

Zippy
13th October 2009, 16:24
I reckon the dog will be as relieved as Stephen Gatelys pet Gerbil

And

Pondlife
13th October 2009, 16:39
Do you reckon he ever put all those songs we recommended on his iPod?

Could be useful now, eh.

cailin maith
13th October 2009, 16:40
Do you reckon he ever put all those songs we recommended on his iPod?

Could be useful now, eh.

Bubba will be the one with the iPod by now... :wink

Incognito
13th October 2009, 21:18
He did spend time in the Gulf.

The experiences that he mentioned I can confirm. With regards to him having a wetspot for me, it's not me that I'm worried about.

Mate

But he had worked only briefly as a medical orderly in an Army hospital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, during the 1991 Gulf War, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.

He was a scab lifter, he wasn't even in the field. By the time the guys were in Riyadh they'd been stabilised.

I didn't say I'd outed him, I had no clue he was that Walter Mitty guy, I just knew he was full of it.

Churchill
14th October 2009, 07:37
Mate

He was a scab lifter, he wasn't even in the field. By the time the guys were in Riyadh they'd been stabilised.

Fair enough, thanks. :o

I didn't say I'd outed him, I had no clue he was that Walter Mitty guy, I just knew he was full of it.

I think a few people had suspicions.

Oh well, it'll give us something to natter about at the CUK xmas do!

EternalOptimist
14th October 2009, 07:40

are you saying that a few people linked menelause to the aurora guy ???

jeez I must be getting slow

NotAllThere
14th October 2009, 07:53

:spel menopause

EternalOptimist
14th October 2009, 07:54
:spel menopause

i was thinking mene louse

Churchill
14th October 2009, 08:10

No, of course not. You folks didn't have the one last piece of information - his new name.

I think a few people suspected that there was something iffy about him though.

BrilloPad
14th October 2009, 08:12

Wont he be out by then? He got 16 weeks so should serve only 8 weeks......

cailin maith
14th October 2009, 08:14
Wont he be out by then? He got 16 weeks so should serve only 8 weeks......

:eek I'm sure he wouldn't be daft enough to show up... would he?

EternalOptimist
14th October 2009, 08:14
No, of course not. You folks didn't have the one last piece of information - his new name.

oh right.

well he exaggerated a bit (in my mind), but not so much I considered him iffy.

hey ho

EternalOptimist
14th October 2009, 08:15

If he does, he'll be the one standing up

Pogle
14th October 2009, 08:16

Hmm describes about 79% of the folk posting on here :wave:

BrilloPad
14th October 2009, 08:16

Why wouldn't he?

He wants a career in IT : cuk xmas do is a great place to network. And to fall over drunkly into a gutter.....

BrilloPad
14th October 2009, 08:17
Hmm describes about 79% of the folk posting on here :wave:

Only 79%? cuk has improved alot........

Churchill
14th October 2009, 08:19
Why wouldn't he?

He wants a career in IT : cuk xmas do is a great place to network. And to fall over drunkly into a gutter.....

Because I don't like stalkers! :mad:

EternalOptimist
14th October 2009, 08:20

did he really go that far ?:eek

Pogle
14th October 2009, 08:21
Why wouldn't he?

Oh Lord now I've got that pumpkin thread in my head and I'm wondering if men pretend to fall over drunkenly into a gutter so they can shove it down a drain or something :laugh:laugh

Pondlife
14th October 2009, 08:21
Doesn't he still owe people here money from his last "adventure"?

Pogle
14th October 2009, 08:22
Only 79%? cuk has improved alot........

... since I joined :p

BrilloPad
14th October 2009, 08:22

You should be flattered to be stalked! No-one ever finds me interesting enough to stalk. Maybe I should get some tips from you or Baggy?

Pondlife
14th October 2009, 08:24
You should be flattered to be stalked! No-one ever finds me interesting enough to stalk. Maybe I should get some tips from you or Baggy?

I tried for a while mate but gave up in the end. We always had to go where you wanted! :rolleyes:

cailin maith
14th October 2009, 08:24
Doesn't he still owe people here money from his last "adventure"?

I got mine back from JustGiving.. I think RH did too.

AtW
14th October 2009, 08:56

Was his real name ... Lucian? :eek

Churchill
14th October 2009, 08:58

No, you pillock!

AtW
14th October 2009, 08:59
No, you pillock!

Good, those lykens are hard to shake off...

EternalOptimist
14th October 2009, 08:59

very witty

AtW
14th October 2009, 09:04
very witty

I meant this one - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucian_(Underworld)

:tongue

Churchill
14th October 2009, 09:12
I meant this one - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucian_(Underworld)

:tongue

Lucian is a fictional character in the film Underworld.

That'll be you confusing reality with fiction again, eh? Btw, how many hits does your search engine return for "Lyken"? Try "Lycan" instead!

SuperZ
14th October 2009, 09:12
As serious as it is, I also find this all mildly amusing :laugh

For those with Security Clearance questions (such as "will I or won`t I obtain it). Now this fella is someone who would never be granted clearance, due to the type of offence committed. If he got clearance he`b probably buy a gun and have 007 on all his outfits :spank:

Churchill
14th October 2009, 09:16
As serious as it is, I also find this all mildly amusing :laugh

For those with Security Clearance questions (such as "will I or won`t I obtain it). Now this fella is someone who would never be granted clearance, due to the type of offence committed. If he got clearance he`b probably buy a gun and have *Threaded - International Man of Pies* on all his outfits :spank:

FTFY! :p

AtW
14th October 2009, 10:16
That'll be you confusing reality with fiction again, eh? Btw, how many hits does your search engine return for "Lyken"? Try "Lycan" instead!

I did misspell it on purpose :wink

realityhack
14th October 2009, 13:30
I got mine back from JustGiving.. I think RH did too.
Yep - the cash was returned by justgiving.