• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whatever happened to Global Warming?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happened to Global Warming?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulhudso...lobal-wa.shtml

The title of this may be a surprise. So might the fact that the warmest year recorded globally was not last year, or 2007, but 1998. For the last decade we have not observed any increase in global temperatures. What's more, climate models did not forecast it even though man-made carbon dioxide, the gas thought to be responsible for warming our planet, has continued to rise.

So what on earth is going on?
    sasguru, over to you mate.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    sasguru, over to you mate.
    One moment, just need to relogin.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You read the article. Well done. Now read the comments below.
      Alternatively have a pot noodle. Probably a better use of your brain cell.

HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        You read the article. Well done. Now read the comments below.
        The comments from the cranks and farmers you mean? Oh yeah, that will really advance the argument!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Climate change? Yes.

Man-made global warming? Errr, no, I really do not think so.

The climate has been continuously changing for the last 3.7 Billion years. Who remembers back in the 1960's and 70's when all the best climate scientists in the world were predicting we were heading into an ice age? I do.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            Who remembers back in the 1960's and 70's when all the best climate scientists in the world were predicting we were heading into an ice age? I do.
            Me too. To be fair, the politicians back then did not have the nerve to try and wheedle tax money out of the populace to overcome the effects of this "Ice Age", unlike the current bunch of charlatans. All it needs to stoke things up is a ready supply of gullible knuckleheads like sg to buy into the propaganda and we are all stuffed.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The farmers need some new proverbs, to keep up with the times.

Red sky at night, shepherds delight
              Red sky in the morning, shepherds warning

just dont cut in the the agw 21st century.

Hows about

Melting at the ice-caps, means more fuel tax
              Cows fart in tune, more greenhouse effect soon

etc.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

If we are most of the way through our fossil fuels as one half of tree-huggers tell us, CO2 emissions won't be a problem for much longer for the other half.

I don't remember 1998 as being particularly warm, only as the year David Beckham got sent off, David Batty missed a penalty, and Scotland lost to Morocco in the world cup.

Comment

When I was at school 30 years ago, it was predicted that we'd run out of oil in 30 years time... funily enough that's the current prediction too...

Now I'm not daft enough to think that oil won't run out at some point, however it's not this week.
                  'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                    Now I'm not daft enough to think that oil won't run out at some point, however it's not this week.
                    Oil will never run out. It'll just get exponentially more expensive as it becomes harder to find until the demand becomes virtually zero, and the only place to buy a litre of petrol will be Sotherbys.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X