• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The lifeboat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lifeboat

Sometimes the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many, or as you humans like to say "someone must draw the short straw".

Having recently lost one of our main crew-members I believe we should begin to rationalise our choices and decide which of us is the one who should survive when there is only one lifeboat left.
    Captain James T. Kirk
    13.64%
    Mr. Spock
    13.64%
    Doctor Leonard H. McCoy
    0.00%
    Lieutenant Uhura
    18.18%
    Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott
    4.55%
    Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu
    4.55%
    Ensign Pavel Chekov
    4.55%
    Nurse Christine Chapel
    36.36%
    One of the junior ratings who volunteers to go on an away team
    4.55%
    Last edited by Spock; 18 November 2005, 22:21.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Uhura......... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    What her ?

Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Is that little feller trying to retrieve his car keys?

Comment

How about "None of them. Let's blast them all into space so we don't have to watch this awful drivel any more" ?

Mordy in "Which is more dull, Star Trek or Dr Who" Mode. And where's the sleepy icon when you bloody need it?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Yup.

Her.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
          Zeitghost, you must be joking.

Comment

No. I thought she was quite foxy 40 years ago... so did Roddenberry apparently, since he was quietly slipping her a length.
            Classic expression.

Ah, Rodenberry. So it must be a lizard thing.

All a matter of taste, although I wouldn't crawl over her to get to you.

Comment

Zeit, I expect you'd save anyone but Kirk...unless you had a particular ending in mind for him

I'll vote for Chekov, as the lad needs at least one vote. We're searching for nuclear wessles.
              Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

A film with the immortal quote "God God man, you can't cure him by drilling a hole in his head"...
                Good God ??? chico ? where areeeeee youuuuu
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Nurse Chapel is surely the most worthy.

Odd how she was the only one to win a major role in any of the follow ups.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Most worthy indeed

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X