• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown to sell pathetic, home-made wooden things

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown to sell pathetic, home-made wooden things

Brilliant!

GORDON Brown has unveiled his plan to slash Britain's deficit by making lots of pathetic little wooden things and then selling them from a table outside his house.

The prime minister has already made what he insists is a hedgehog out of an old brush head and some twigs he found in the back garden.

Mr Brown said: "I've used little black buttons for the eyes. They're a bit wonky but I think it gives him character. He's yours for £2.5bn.

"Let's see, what else do we have? There's a toy submarine that I made from some acorns held together with Blu-Tack, that's £800m. And there's also this little box made from bits of other boxes where you can keep odd cuff-links and old padlock keys, just in case.

"I'll tell you what, I can let you have the cuff-link box and the acorn submarine for £1.2bn. I must be out of my mind."

He added: "I'm also selling some old bits and bobs I had lying around the house. I've got a Ronco Buttoneer - very useful - a bag full of elastic bands, a plastic cup and this rather exotic looking thing called URENCO which, apparently, stands for the Uranium Enrichment Company. I'm not sure what it does, but I'm sure somebody will find a use for it.

"This? Well this is actually an owl made from corn-on-the-cob. It is, it's just a very special kind of owl that doesn't really look like an owl. Please buy something."

Economists said the Downing Street wooden knick-knack and car boot sale was unlikely to have a significant impact on the public finances, mainly because most of it was rubbish, apart from the Buttoneer.

A Downing Street spokesman said: "It has been fairly quiet so far this morning, though we have had a few inquiries about URENCO from some angry, heavily-bearded men with mad, staring eyes."
    ǝןqqıʍ

Why is he bothering? According to him the recession is nearly over.

Comment

Quality
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Very good.
        When I saw the headline I thought he had put Peter Mandelson and the rest of his cohorts on ebay.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Jeez, we're truly scraping the barrell aren't we, now?
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Most amusing
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

They've been flogging things off like this for several years - The Bow Street Magistrate's court site was sold to some hotel chain last year, and a couple of years ago they flogged Dartmouth Naval College.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I say dear, I've just borrowed 5 times GDP and don't know what I've spent it on really. I just handed over to some bankers who fixed their balance sheets.

We've got to sell my stamp collection, car, star wars figures and this brooch just to make this months repayment.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/8303837.stm

Complements to shaunbhoy
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    Complements to shaunbhoy
                    Didn't he (allegedly) donate his brain some years ago?

Comment

Working...
                    X