• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you have a Clubcard?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a Clubcard?

No I don't. Here's why:

1. Your card records, say, that you haven't bought toothpaste for a while. You get targeted ads for toothpaste, and for private health care and dentistry.

2. The card contains an RFID chip. They know which parts of the shop you visit and how long you spend there.

3. Your card records that you have bought kosher products. You get an email wishing you a happy Passover. In other words, they keep on file that you are a Jew.

4. Your card records are sent to HMRC. If they show you spending an amount that seems excessive for the taxable income that you have declared, you will be investigated.

5. The card records a level of alcohol purchases that is seen as being too high. Some medical treatment will not be available to you on the NHS.
    Step outside posh boy

You do post some crap!

Comment

Every little helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
        No I don't. Here's why:

1. Your card records, say, that you haven't bought toothpaste for a while. You get targeted ads for toothpaste, and for private health care and dentistry.

2. The card contains an RFID chip. They know which parts of the shop you visit and how long you spend there.

3. Your card records that you have bought kosher products. You get an email wishing you a happy Passover. In other words, they keep on file that you are a Jew.

4. Your card records are sent to HMRC. If they show you spending an amount that seems excessive for the taxable income that you have declared, you will be investigated.

5. The card records a level of alcohol purchases that is seen as being too high. Some medical treatment will not be available to you on the NHS.
        What???
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

No I don't. Here's why:

A not unreasonable statement and probably true.

Straying into tinfoil hate territory now.

Ahh, the infamous "They", I'm pretty sure he doesnt mean these guys either. Starting to worry a little now.

You forgot to take your medication again, didnt you.

I take it all back. You're a Loony.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

you'll fit in here nicely.

Comment

You're a troll, aren't you?

BTW, shalom.

Comment

What nonsense, don`t you jsut love it when numpties make up rubbish to try to bring down a good solid company. In this case it`s capitalism at its best/worst (depending on your viewpoint) in the retail sector.

I have a clubcard, didn`t bother with getting one for years (not something us blokes bother about). As soon as I called them about getting one they offered me the £26 worth of coupons they owed me from a few years back. I used internet shopping and they assigned me a club card but I never actually received the card.

Now I use it all the time, every little helps and it`s one of the better schemes around.
                Last edited by SuperZ; 12 October 2009, 13:55.

Comment

I don't have a club card.

Some one warned me years ago by email that club cards cause cancer

I also helped save a young childs life by forwarding the message on to 253 friends
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    I don't have a club card.

Some one warned me years ago by email that club cards cause cancer

I also helped save a young childs life by forwarding the message on to 253 friends
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X