• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain is a tuliphole, shock horror.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain is a tuliphole, shock horror.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...tudy-says.html

British people have the worst quality of life in Europe, according to a report which highlights the long hours, bad weather, low life expectancy and high price of many consumer goods.

Yes, but apart from the appallingly long hours, crap weather, low life expectancy and ridiculous prices, massive taxation, depressing anti-social behaviour, out of control violent crime, piss poor public services, gridlocked transport system and falling education standards, it's pretty good, no?

Britain is a wonderful country if you are rich enough to insulate yourself from the exponentially growing scum, otherwise it is a tulip hole.
    Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...tudy-says.html

British people have the worst quality of life in Europe, according to a report which highlights the long hours, bad weather, low life expectancy and high price of many consumer goods.

Yes, but apart from the appallingly long hours, crap weather, low life expectancy and ridiculous prices, massive taxation, depressing anti-social behaviour, out of control violent crime, piss poor public services, gridlocked transport system and falling education standards, it's pretty good, no?
      Apart from the clubcards.
      Step outside posh boy

Comment

So is Britain a worse place than it was 12 years ago?

Comment

We have sanitation.....
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
            Apart from the clubcards.
            you wait `till the Tesco towns pop up. I believe Tesco are working on an affordable housing project. There will be little Tesco towns with Tesco store, surrounding shops independently run (but paying Tesco`s for the privilege of selling from their stores). Surrounding these Tesco centre pieces will be the main housing estates, also fenced off from the outside world requiring swipe card access to get in and out of the estates (for safety and security reasons).

Tesco`s will be a way of life for some! Live life the Tesco way

As shareholder in Tesco (and a few other food retailers), anything that makes money = GRREEEAATTTT

I say it`s T - E - S - C O, T - E - S C O (a modern version of the old D- I - S - C O song
            Last edited by SuperZ; 12 October 2009, 15:53.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
              you wait `till the Tesco towns pop up. I believe Tesco are working on an affordable housing project. There will be little Tesco towns with Tesco store, surrounding shops independently run (but paying Tesco`s for the privilege of selling from their stores). Surrounding these Tesco centre pieces will be the main housing estates, also fenced off from the outside world requiring swipe card access to get in and out of the estates (for safety and security reasons).

Tesco`s will be a way of life for some! Live life the Tesco way

As shareholder in Tesco (and a few other food retailers), anything that makes money = GRREEEAATTTT

I say it`s T - E - S - C O, T - E - S C O (a modern version of the old D- I - S - C O song
              Sod that I want to live in Sainsburysville, I couldn't live without Alpro chocolate soya milk.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Sod that I want to live in Sainsburysville, I couldn't live without Alpro chocolate soya milk.
                I went to one of their factories - not pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  I went to one of their factories - not pretty!
                  They use people don't they.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    So is Britain a worse place than it was 12 years ago?
                    I'd say it's pretty much the same but I'm richer. Who on this board hasn't got rich under Labour? Especially those of you on the public sector gravy tain.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X