• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Big Chill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big Chill

It has been a bit frosty the last few mornings.

They do say this is going to be the coldest winter for the last ten years.

Don't suppose the atlantic convection current is finally breaking down (a -10c drop) and we are heading for another ice age?

Threaded - what is the weather like in Denmark at the moment?

Cold, -3C, no wind, not much in the way of clouds.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Aaaaaaagh no, it will be like that ridiculous film The Day After Tomorrow where enormous Brownstone buildings freeze from outside to in in 30 seconds!!!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I remember the good old days when we had blizzards, and more than an inch of snow that didn't melt within an hour.

In 1987 I had the same lump of snow in the footwell of my old mini for more than a week.

Comment

Yes, I've heard about those two.

I seem to recall 1978 was a bit nippy. As was 14,220 BC.

Comment

Well looking at the medium range weather model runs tonight (120 hours out) it seems that a snow fall event is shaping up for next Friday into Saturday.- a tad hard to provide any details this far out (snow is difficult to forecast anyway) but depending on the final wind direction the west and the South could well be under the gun!

IMO these are normal winter conditions – it is that just we have had it so mild for the last 15 years

Get ready for the newspaper ramping Monday and Tuesday
            www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

well folks, I spent the weekend in central europe where we already had the first snow

hunting on saturday on the Polish border was a bit nippy, but the sun was shining and the snow wasn't melting

driving back to Deutschland yesterday was tough, the winter tyres did their job but there was settled snow and continuous snowing all the up until Wurzburg, things then warmed up a bit and the road dried and we were able to press on a bit faster

all in all a great weekend

Milan.

Comment

This isn't cold! We're off to Canada in January. -35C Last time we were there. Now that's cold!

a snow fall event
                You weather men with your fancy language.

Comment

18 here in Malaga ....

Comment

With a set of westerly/north-westerly airstreams being driven into the UK by a high pressure system locked in over scandinavia, we have the classic conditions for significant snowfall in the second half of the week.

But, don't despair, this too will end.

Comment

Working...
                    X