• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plaster of Paris gets hot.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plaster of Paris gets hot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/8303246.stm

Poor kid.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

I hate to think what her and her parents have been through
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Did no-one think of smashing it with a hammer?
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

it happened at the same school the week before, but that time the kid got their hands out in time.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

OMG....16k compensation....???
          I donot think even 1billion will compensate what she lost..

Comment

16.5k for that level of injuries - This poor sod is going to struggle to hold down a job (will struggle to hold anything now) and all they get is 16.5k.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              16.5k for that level of injuries - This poor sod is going to struggle to hold down a job (will struggle to hold anything now) and all they get is 16.5k.
              The school was fined £16.5k

The kid probably got a lot more in compensation from the insurance company
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

"Speaking outside the court, the girl's solicitor, Stephen Hill, said his client was a "remarkable young woman" who hoped to go to university and become a teacher working with nursery or primary aged children. "

That's not going to cause nightmares is it!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Jo Anderson, prosecuting for the HSE, said the girl had been told by her teacher to put her hands into clay to make a mould.

She was then supposed to pour the liquid plaster into the clay mould. Instead she put her hand up to the wrist into the bucket of plaster.
                  Hello? Anyone else read this bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Hello? Anyone else read this bit?
                    yes, and it happened the week before, same school. possibly a prank gone wrong

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X