• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We have to embrace Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have to embrace Europe

This UK is bankrupt. We don’t produce anything worth buying and are living off past glory. Our currency becomes more and more worthless each day. It’s time for us to ditch the Pound, embrace the EU and sponge off the French and Germans. Discuss.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Never!

The City will save us.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me.
      We could be a huge offshore language centre.
      Our Chinese and Indian immigrants could teach them Hindi and Mandarin in preparation for what's coming.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        This UK is bankrupt. We don’t produce anything worth buying and are living off past glory. Our currency becomes more and more worthless each day. It’s time for us to ditch the Pound, embrace the EU and sponge off the French and Germans. Discuss.
        According to UN figures, the UK has the 6th highest output of manufactured goods in the world, behind the US, China, Japan, Germany and Italy (though I think France have overtaken us since these figures came out).

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
          the UK has the 6th highest output of manufactured goods in the world
          Where can you buy them in this country?

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            According to UN figures, the UK has the 6th highest output of manufactured goods in the world, behind the US, China, Japan, Germany and Italy (though I think France have overtaken us since these figures came out).

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.
            Would that be all the cars we manufacture on behalf of other countries?
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Where can you buy them in this country?
              http://www.thewholesaler.co.uk/trade...or/Made_in_UK/
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

There are only 3 companies there - "Made in UK" category is one among like hundred of others...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  There are only 3 companies there - "Made in UK" category is one among like hundred of others...
                  Not even that.

“We use Swarovski crystal” (Made in Austria)
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

UK makes in large quantities these.

Pound would have to drop to a gram in order to export these

Comment

Working...
                    X