• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I had this weird dream

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this weird dream

I had a strange dream last night. My sixth can of carlsberg seems to have unlocked it.

My old army locker was being stored in a shop and my old removals boxes were being stored next door in the library.
    I recognised everything, my old jumpers and pants. my old vinyls and favourite books.
    all my old gear was there. mega nostalgia.
    Then the kindly old dear in the library saw a book 'omg its a ****'

'thats worth a quarter of a million pounds now'
    'it should just about cover the rent you havent paid for the last thirty years'
    'then her face turned hard and orrible like a harridan'

scary. what does it mean

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I had a strange dream last night. My sixth can of carlsberg seems to have unlocked it.

My old army locker was being stored in a shop and my old removals boxes were being stored next door in the library.
    I recognised everything, my old jumpers and pants. my old vinyls and favourite books.

scary. what does it mean

It means drink > 6 < cans in future
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

scary. what does it mean

The army locker represents your past profession, and the fact that it was being stored in a shop indicates that it has considerable worth to you, since a shop is a retail unit. The army locker has a personal cost to you, in terms of effort and sacrifice.

The removal boxes symbolise transition, since that is their function. Their contents that you looked over contained non-military items, so the transition was either from Civvy street to the Army or after being demobbed and picking up Civvy Street again. Because you mention that you hadn't seen the items for a long time (nostalgia), then it's fair to say that this transition was after Demobbing.

The harridan who spots a rare book in your belongings is symbolic of course.

She represents your concerns and fears when returning to Civvy Street. The stepping back in to the great unknown after life in the Army. I doubt she is indicative of a single person in this context.

The rare book worth lots of money represents your financial concerns, since the Army provides mostly for its kith and kin, and now you have to provide for yourself. The book represents your fears that money may be hard to come by and already someone has designs on it, suggesting that you have a protective and suspicious nature. (That's not a criticism by the way).

The "Haven't paid your rent for 30 years" again indicates that there is apprehension about returning to Civvy Street from a financial perspective, and you wonder if you can survive without something unknown cropping up and causing you distress.

HTH

Madam "Za Za" Geek
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
        The army locker represents your past profession, and the fact that it was being stored in a shop indicates that it has considerable worth to you, since a shop is a retail unit. The army locker has a personal cost to you, in terms of effort and sacrifice.

The removal boxes symbolise transition, since that is their function. Their contents that you looked over contained non-military items, so the transition was either from Civvy street to the Army or after being demobbed and picking up Civvy Street again. Because you mention that you hadn't seen the items for a long time (nostalgia), then it's fair to say that this transition was after Demobbing.

The harridan who spots a rare book in your belongings is symbolic of course.

She represents your concerns and fears when returning to Civvy Street. The stepping back in to the great unknown after life in the Army. I doubt she is indicative of a single person in this context.

The rare book worth lots of money represents your financial concerns, since the Army provides mostly for its kith and kin, and now you have to provide for yourself. The book represents your fears that money may be hard to come by and already someone has designs on it, suggesting that you have a protective and suspicious nature. (That's not a criticism by the way).

The "Haven't paid your rent for 30 years" again indicates that there is apprehension about returning to Civvy Street from a financial perspective, and you wonder if you can survive without something unknown cropping up and causing you distress.

HTH

Madam "Za Za" Geek

good job i didnt mention the sex with the goat

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I wasn't going to mention it either, since it was consensual and that goat loved you to bits, but since you raised the issue, the goat is doing fine and working in Peckham in a petting farm.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I smell a plan B there BGG! Impressive.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Would that be the Goat Major?

http://www.cardiffpubs.co.uk/Pub.php?Pub=GoatMajor

Comment

Carlsberg don't do nightmares, but if they did...

If I were you I'd pop over to Bartle Buggery & Snatch Advertising Ltd and pitch your idea right away.

Comment

Working...
                X