• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ian Brown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian Brown

By no means a fan but love his last song Stellify.

Not sure how I missed the whole Stone Roses thing but I guess that is what happens when you are into a completely different genre of music.

I think, as I get older, my appreciation of music is getting broader.

At least the ageing process has one advantage!

Another good album of his here. FEAR being my fav track.

You should definitely source a copy of the stone roses first album. One of the best ever IMVHO. It's now 20 years old and still sounds great.

Comment

Not to impressed by his latest album. Stellify is the standout track but I couldn't name another one I like half as much.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        You should definitely source a copy of the stone roses first album. One of the best ever IMVHO. It's now 20 years old and still sounds great.
        20 years?

It is a great album. I haven't listened to it in yonks because I only have it on vinyl.*

I'm an old bastard.

*Note for younger readers - In the days before CDs, albums used to be available on 12inch wide plastic discs known as "LPs" which stood for "Long Playing disc".

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
          20 years?

It is a great album. I haven't listened to it in yonks because I only have it on vinyl.*

I'm an old bastard.

*Note for younger readers - In the days before CDs, albums used to be available on 12inch wide plastic discs known as "LPs" which stood for "Long Playing disc".
          Its ok S&S - It makes me feel old too and I was only 12 then!!

I love The Stone Roses and am quite keen on Ian Browns solo stuff too.

I met him in the queue in Tesco on Market St (Manchester) once.. he was buying a 4 pack of Carling! He wasnt as obnoxious as he makes out sometimes. Fairly nice guy really.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
            *Note for older readers - Most the time, albums are still available on the 12inch wide plastic discs of which you speak.

Ian Brown - My Way
            (for example)

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
              *Note for older readers - Most the time, albums are still available on the 12inch wide plastic discs of which you speak.

Ian Brown - My Way
              (for example)

*Note for younger readers who might want to listen to LPs, the technology is still available.

Technics 1210
              (for example)
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
              X