• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£1000 a month tax free for nothing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£1000 a month tax free for nothing

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...-average-home-

And values will soar more than 20 per cent nationwide over the next five years, estate agents Knight Frank forecast.
    Nice little earner.

Boomed!

Excellent, excellent, what we need now is lots of people reading this to start putting their houses on the market in the hope of making some money, increasing supply and bringing the prices back down again. Good for me

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

No way is it a nice little earner because most people can not realise the profit. It is only a nice little earner if you have more than one property and then cash it in. Even when it is sold it will be subject to capital gains tax and/or corporation tax. (Unless you register the property off-shore like many of the private blocks of flats in the UK)

If property prices rise by £1000 per month you can bet your life that HM Government will find a way of getting a piece of the action and more people will be in debt with a property that is supposedly worth more. Not least you could end up with a small mortgage and a huge council tax bill.

The property prices in eastern Europe has risen much more in the UK and the currencies such as the Czech Koruna are far more stable.

If people in the UK did away with dreaming about house process solving there financial status and put their money into manufacturing and business they would be much better of in the long term.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I can sell up and live in an old caravan, and spend that lovely money!

Comment

If you can afford it...

http://themaliburealestateblog.com/t...mes-in-malibu/
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Still cheaper to rent.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

I'll fight ya fo ya dag.....
              Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                I'll fight ya fo ya dag.....
                foight
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Since the mobile homes might only be worth a few hundred thousand what you are really paying for is the right to be there on the rented land
                  I thought that paying the rent gave you the right to be on the rented land!
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    1) $1,395,000 for a 2 bedroom 2 bath in Paradise Cove
                    WTF? I've seen better in the Third World.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X