• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I being tight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I being tight

I've always been careful with my money stems from the fact I didnt have much when I was young and now I have a bit of income I don't want to blow it. Its my current gf's birthday next week and already its cost me the best of £400 she has also mentioned something else now she would like to do but its pushing it up to around £700 all in. Usually I could afford it but have spent sh*t loads last 4 months renovating house and still have a load to spend so £700 seems alot at the moment. Do you think I'm being tight if I say no its too much even though I could afford it really ?

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    I've always been careful with my money stems from the fact I didnt have much when I was young and now I have a bit of income I don't want to blow it. Its my current gf's birthday next week and already its cost me the best of £400 she has also mentioned something else now she would like to do but its pushing it up to around £700 all in. Usually I could afford it but have spent sh*t loads last 4 months renovating house and still have a load to spend so £700 seems alot at the moment. Do you think I'm being tight if I say no its too much even though I could afford it really ?
    Yes, you dont love her, end it now. If shes pretty I will console her.

Comment

Depends how you'll get rewarded for your generosity
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Will she continue to give great head whether you spend £400 or £700? Therein lies your answer.

HTH

Comment

No you are not being tight.

Nothing wrong with saying you don't feel you can afford something.

There is something wrong with feeling that you can't say something to your partner.

Dump her the gold digger (joke obvs)
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

just think of the prozzy you could get with £400.

Comment

if my missus does not ask, i spend 700 on her, or whatever

if she ever asked, she would get fck all squared.

times like this are for giving, not grasping greed

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

if my missus does not ask, i spend 700 on her, or whatever

if she ever asked, she would get fck all squared.

times like this are for giving, not grasping greed

That is one hell of a puncture repair kit!!!!!
                Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I never know what to get Frau D as she always replies "don't know" so thats what she gets although she does spend a lot on me for some strange reason.

Tomorrow my son is 18 and still haven't got him anything as everytime I ask he either shrugs his shoulders or goes 'erm, ugh, blurgh' or something teenager'ish like that. I think its going to be some money in hand and some in the bank but I might pick up something on the way home tomorrow evening (underpants and socks, haven't got a clue what to get him.)
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Yeah thats my feeling to if you dont ask you get more if you ask specifically likes he has I push back.

She earns ok salary mid 20's k but has no credit cards but I pay for everything I meantioned this to her and she said 'she was not with me for the £' but I don't believe that it must attract her to me a bit. As for is she worth it on the bedroom front, thats the hard bit because she is well,well worth, 25 bod to die for and self confest nympho if Im honest I think this is as good as I will ever get.

Comment

Working...
                    X