• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chico Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chico Time

wasn't he great?
    He deffo has my vote!!
    Chico, what time is it?

The dude cannot sing!!! He can entertain and he had the kids onstage to mask his lack of talent.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

you're right he can't sing.
      And despite this, he is 10 times better than any of the others
      He is original
      He dared sing his own song as opposed to a cover
      He has a full act - with backing dancers and the Chico clock.
      He can't sing but he sure can dance!

He stands out from the crowd, which is something none of the others do - for all their talent, what they've done has been heard 1000 times before.

The X Factor is about who's got the X factor - the ability to get noticed to sell more records. He's got it!

Sorry, but I am setting my watch on Chico time
      Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Yes I agree, beneath the entertainment value his message was garbled and inconsistent. It may fool the more gullible in society like the young and the desperate but there was no real substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
          It may fool the more gullible in society like the young and the desperate...
          You mean the voters?
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
            you're right he can't sing.
            And despite this, he is 10 times better than any of the others
            He is original
            He dared sing his own song as opposed to a cover
            He has a full act - with backing dancers and the Chico clock.
            He can't sing but he sure can dance!

He stands out from the crowd, which is something none of the others do - for all their talent, what they've done has been heard 1000 times before.

The X Factor is about who's got the X factor - the ability to get noticed to sell more records. He's got it!

Sorry, but I am setting my watch on Chico time
            One problem though, everything about him is visual
            Records are audio

Next time he is on turn off the picture and just lisen to him..then try to imagine buying and then lisening to his records

If chico wins that comp (probably will ...like this is the same country that voted TB in all these times and he also all visual and no content) he will just go the same way as majority of other uk talent show winners...aka nowhere except maybe the Z celebrity list

Comment

Is it supposed to be live? It sure as hell looked like he was miming to me. At the end of his "song" the mike is by his waist as the final bar ends. Maybe it takes longer for the audi to get to my tv that it does the visual.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
                Is it supposed to be live? It sure as hell looked like he was miming to me. At the end of his "song" the mike is by his waist as the final bar ends. Maybe it takes longer for the audi to get to my tv that it does the visual.
                well light moves faster than sound
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                  well light moves faster than sound
                  Yes, significantly.

But assuming it is transmitted through the ether at the same speed, processed at the same speed by my digital telly then according to my calculations I would need to be sitting some 102 feet 8 inches away to observe this effect.

My tv room isn't that big.

However, since I was watching the repeat on Sunday morning they'd probably just got the sound sync fractionally out.

Comment

Synching sound an vision is apparently quite difficult.

I once re-wrote a routing algorythm for a co. that switches Video and Audio signals around the world.

Before I got my hands on it you could only route a stereo TV program with Video and L/R Audio going the same route.

Once I'd finished you could route all 3 independantly, so you could get video, 1 sec later left channel audio and another sec. later right channel audio.

I never did find out why they wanted to be able to split the audio.
                    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                    X