• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running results in pain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running results in pain

Just started back on the fitness after a 4 month break. Its amazing how difficult it is to get back to how fit you previously were.

Anyway, after a short running session this week, the following day the bases of both my feet were aching so much that i could barely walk. The same goes for the hips feeling extremely tight.

Anyone out there know what is wrong?

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
    Just started back on the fitness after a 4 month break. Its amazing how difficult it is to get back to how fit you previously were.

Anyway, after a short running session this week, the following day the bases of both my feet were aching so much that i could barely walk. The same goes for the hips feeling extremely tight.

The 4 month break was too long?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Try swimming or cycling. If you want to carry on running go to a *good* running shoe shop where they will analyse your running and fit you with suitably shaped running shoes.

Comment

not an expert, but it sounds like tight muscles. Stretch. can you touch your toes easily ? try some stretching excercises

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

You're old

HTH
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

No pain, no gain.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
              You're old

HTH
              only 35

Comment

Nature is so cruel. It takes 6 months to get fit and 2 weeks to lose it.

Comment

Crap shoes maybe?

I only use the best asics, anything cheap and I get problems.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Crap shoes maybe?

I only use the best asics, anything cheap and I get problems.
                    I will have to look into some trainers I think. Stretching wise I am normally Ok as I have done a lot of yoga but it still hurts today purely when in motion to get tp the stretching point. i cant be that unfit.

Comment

Working...
                    X