• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Good Grief

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Good Grief

Just phoned an agent about a simple Crystal role up the road. Little below my usual rate but I though £300pd for a couple of weeks up the road was great. But I had been beaten to it.

A contractor had been placed. The agent said to me - Yeah he's written 10000 reports - have you?

"Errr No?" was the reply.
    "Oh well he has"
    "How much did you place this whizz for then?"
    "£220 p/d and the next one only wanted £200"
    "Oh Ok. Cant compete with that. Was his name Billy?" - I asked
    "What Billy Whizz?"
    "No Billy Bulltulipter!"
    "Why" Asked the naive agent.

Well work it out. 10000 reports at 1 hour a report(bear minimum) is over 5 years of work with no toilet breaks, lunch, holidays etc etc at 100% utilization with no meetings and someone that good aint gonna charge that.

"Sniff sniff. I smell BULLtulip"
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Just shows how some agents know less than a newborn baby.
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

you take contracts for two weeks duration at 300 gbp per day !!!

monkey !

Milan.

Comment

Let me quote you from the DodgyAgent book of ethics.

The agency can tell you whatever it likes, it is up to the government regulator to enforce standards. If an agency commits major fraud then that is sound business practice right up to the moment the company gets caught. If it doesn't get caught then the fraud becomes Best Practice if it makes a lot of wonga.

Comment

bare minimum
          We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Fleet,

how's it going ?

Milan.

Comment

Still on the bench.
              Been put forward for a few things starting Jan 2006, and there's a plan B as well.
              Mme. Fleetwood is working at the moment, which is slightly better than nothing. Must rush, as I have to get the kids from school.

F in "House-husband" mode
              We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

what are you up to ?

MF,

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you mention you would be on Dragon's Den.

So was that you with the roller knee pads ?

Comment

Originally posted by partimer
                  MF,

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you mention you would be on Dragon's Den.

So was that you with the roller knee pads ?
                  Yeh. Did my pitch last week. Should be on next.

It was for a special re-inforced wrist band designed especially for w@nkers. But even though they said it was a good idea they didnt think that the market was big enough as I had only identified certain members of www.contractoruk.co.uk.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Businessethics

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
                    Let me quote you from the DodgyAgent book of ethics.

The agency can tell you whatever it likes, it is up to the government regulator to enforce standards. If an agency commits major fraud then that is sound business practice right up to the moment the company gets caught. If it doesn't get caught then the fraud becomes Best Practice if it makes a lot of wonga.
                    Listen sausageJockey or whatever your name is, my book of business ethics does not sell itself to recruitment agencies particularly well. My best clients are banks, pharmaceutical companies, Insurance companies, retailers and food manufacturers. Another favourite customer is procurement departments within the public sector. I even have a signed copy of my own book from Tony Blair and on it says:

"Dodgy thanks for helping me to sell the WMD idea to the dopey British public, without your book I could never have done it"

PS can you help my missus with "the ethics of public speaking for personal gain" problem that I have?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X