• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's been a funny sort of day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a funny sort of day

Apart from all that jailed imposter business of course.
    Had an agent call me about a contract. Conversation was good, the agent seemed keen. No fishing for previous employers or references. Wanted to know which Umbrella I used, would I be happy with xxx Euros per day. Then said she'd mail me the job spec and would progress from there.
    No mail. No way of calling back as number withheld. A complete waste of time.

I think Aliens are arriving and assimilating the agents.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    jeez, they'll be sorry

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

certainly has.

crazy

hey ho...

Comment

oh yes and

G.g.g.g.g.g..g.g..g..g. Granville,

Nurse Gladys Emmanuel

etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          oh yes and

G.g.g.g.g.g..g.g..g..g. Granville,

Nurse Gladys Emmanuel

etc etc etc
          Heh. I must admit, when I wrote the title I didn't realise that I'd stolen the expression from the Beeb comedy series "Open All Hours". More of a "Porridge" man myself, but perhaps it's best not to mention that today, with all that funny business.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Heh. I must admit, when I wrote the title I didn't realise that I'd stolen the expression from the Beeb comedy series "Open All Hours". More of a "Porridge" man myself, but perhaps it's best not to mention that today, with all that funny business.
            F**k me!!! Look, there's an elephant in the living room!!!

Comment

Apart from all that jailed imposter business of course.
              Had an agent call me about a contract. Conversation was good, the agent seemed keen. No fishing for previous employers or references. Wanted to know which Umbrella I used, would I be happy with xxx Euros per day. Then said she'd mail me the job spec and would progress from there.
              No mail. No way of calling back as number withheld. A complete waste of time.

Agents are assholes...

Fixed that for you!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
              X