• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dartford tunnel -basingstoke journey how long

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dartford tunnel -basingstoke journey how long

Hi all,

I need to get to bassingstoke for 10:30am tomorrow and wanted to know what the average time/traffic will be like if driving from dartford Tunnell (jnc 1)

Cheers

css_jay99

Crazy!

I presume you are going M25 M3.

The AA gives 1hr 30mins but that time would only be true if you are travelling very early morning, at night or at certain times on the weekend AND there are no accidents.

Unfortunately it's impossible to predict how long your journey would be on the M25 due to the number of accidents and idiots in the "fast" lane who insist on doing 70mph.

The M3 generally doesn't have any traffic after junction 3 so you can go at 90. However where you join the M3 there is a 50mph speed restriction.

BTW I would add another hour on the AA time if it's an important meeting.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'd bank on 3-4 hours to allow for the traffic.

Comment

Set off now, stay overnight, shower & breakfast - simples!

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
          Hi all,

I need to get to bassingstoke for 10:30am tomorrow and wanted to know what the average time/traffic will be like if driving from dartford Tunnell (jnc 1)

Cheers

css_jay99
          I'd ditch the car. It'll be a slow and irritating journey.
          The train will take about 2 hours. Try the blonde bint for more detail http://lisa.nationalrail.co.uk/NREBot/

Comment

Do you live in the Dartford Tunnel?

Comment

I do it all the time (I live in Winchester) I would say 1 3/4 hours in Average traffic. Basingstoke is just under 30 mins from the top of the M3. If you are lucky you will do it in 90 mins. Some bad traffic and it's 2 hours. In general that stretch of the M25 is one of the clearest once you get past the QE2 bridge.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I agree with LockHouse's estimate, around the 2 hour mark if you aren't hacking it.

Comment

When I was commuting from Brentwood to Stockley Park, I found that around the top part of the M25, it would normally take 1 hour 45 minutes - except on Friday's when it would take 1 hour 15 minutes.

Never did figure out why.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    When I was commuting from Brentwood to Stockley Park, I found that around the top part of the M25, it would normally take 1 hour 45 minutes - except on Friday's when it would take 1 hour 15 minutes.

Never did figure out why.
                    I used to do the M40 round to the A3 every day, and Friday both the M40 and M25 would have no jams at all, and I'd get to the client's office about 20 minutes quicker. There must be a lot of people only doing four day weeks.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X