• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have any of you......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of you......

sat next to somebody who constanty talks to himself and his computer

Jesus it isn't going to talk back ffs
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I did for about 4 week but then one day someone asked him something and he just stood up and stabbed him in the eye with a black Bic pen....

Good luck with that......
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Its called a teleconference.

Comment

I have him next to me and a guy who constantly grunts all day. he sounds like somebody dragging a table. MP3 player time I think.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          sat next to somebody who constanty talks to himself and his computer

Jesus it isn't going to talk back ffs
          I used to sit next to someone who was diagnosed with RSI and had to used one of those damned speech-to-text interpreters. Thankfully she was doing design docs and not code - imagine that!

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
            Its called a teleconference.
            No it isn't. It's called very fekin annoying.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by tenpin View Post
              I used to sit next to someone who was diagnosed with RSI and had to used one of those damned speech-to-text interpreters. Thankfully she was doing design docs and not code - imagine that!
              I used to sit next to someone with Tourettes. He did first line support and quite frequently used to tell people to F-f-**** Off on the phone. Brilliant.

Comment

I have also in my time sat next to

(i) a cross dressing transexual (ie a big bloke in a dress)

(ii) a man with no thumbs

These gigs did not last very long for me.

Comment

At the last gig there was a permie who was always tutting, sighing and swearing under his breath, just loud enough that I could hear.

I don't mind to be honest. I've worked places where the office is dead silence the whole day, and that just makes you want to slit your wrists.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

(ii) a man with no thumbs

poor sod.

I once got into a taxi in Scunthorpe being driven by a woman with no arms.
                    she had one foot on the pedals and one foot on the steering wheel

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X